Ian Bell

He's about 12th on the list of all-time England run scorers, so he was a decent player. Average not the best of those near the top of the tree but still over 40.

From memory he used to have a bit of a drought quite often then when there was grumblings of being dropped he pulled a ton out of the bag. Don't think he ever scored a double ton but he came up on a sporcle quiz of one of a number of players who have taken one test wicket (with some other criteria).

He's about 12th on the list of all-time England run scorers, so he was a decent player. Average not the best of those near the top of the tree but still over 40.

From memory he used to have a bit of a drought quite often then when there was grumblings of being dropped he pulled a ton out of the bag. Don't think he ever scored a double ton but he came up on a sporcle quiz of one of a number of players who have taken one test wicket (with some other criteria).
Scored 235 vs India

Rabada is good but conceding 4 an over at test level, he'll never be a great.
He averages under 23 ffs. He goes at 3.38 playing against batters who play T20 and ODI cricket at levels nobody in the 90s or most of the 2000s ever dealt with.

The top 50 economy rates in test cricket are all under 2.15 an over. Whereas McGrath Ambrose Walsh Waqar wasim Marshall hadlee lmran etc all had run rates of over 2.5 and above

None can be all time greats based off your flimsy logic

Last edited:
I've heard Warwickshire are gonna name an end after him.
He averages under 23 ffs. He goes at 3.38 playing against batters who play T20 and ODI cricket at levels nobody in the 90s or most of the 2000s ever dealt with.

The top 50 economy rates in test cricket are all under 2.15 an over. Whereas McGrath Ambrose Walsh Waqar wasim Marshall hadlee lmran etc all had run rates of over 2.5 and above

None can be all time greats based off your flimsy logic

All about opinions. I watched him in January and while Vern was keeping it tight at one end (conceding about 1 an over) he was running in at the other and giving up 5 an over. Happens quite often anarl.

Last edited:
I
Steven Smith would have averaged about 18 shuffling across his stumps against the likes of Srinath, Waqar, Wasim, Shoaib, Donald, Pollock, Ambrose, Walsh.

Even the likes of Vaas & Heath Streak were miles better than most of todays offerings.

Made his Test Debut against a pace quartet of Jermaine Lawson, Correy Collymore, Dwayne Bravo & Fidel Edwards....:lol:

I have no further evidence to offer m’lord.

There are some brilliant bowling attacks in the world currently

he scored a brilliant double against India and a better 199 against South Africa who had a superb attack .

Do you not feel a bit awkward that without recalling your previous login, I identified who you could be from your posting style and aggression?

:lol: I've been a member for 8 years mate

But but but 2 trolls on an internet forum said he was shite

:lol: I've been a member for 8 years mate

But but but 2 trolls on an internet forum said he was shite
I’m not a troll man ye mad bastard I said he was a good player but benefitted from playing against some poor attacks, far poorer than there were a few years before his debut :lol:

I’m not a troll man ye mad bastard I said he was a good player but benefitted from playing against some poor attacks, far poorer than there were a few years before his debut :lol:

You called Dale Steyn garbage and said Steve Smith would average 18

you're a troll mate, you and that nutter from Surrey :lol:

Back