Ian Bell

Status
Not open for further replies.

all kinds of shite here ^^^

Ahh haway man. Not fit to be spoken of in the same thread as some of the bowlers I mentioned. Net bowlers by comparison.

someone chucking vernon philander in too :lol:
What's funny about philander over 200 wickets at 22. Bowled his side to a series victory in Australia a place where plenty of pace bowlers have failed.

:lol: f***ing hell man

Its just amazing how bad your takes are on things

scored the 3rd most test 100s ever for England, but aye he was "missing"

what a load of total and utter shite :lol:

Ian Bell is an England great

there is absolutely no debate about that.
Averages 35 from 66inns v Australia with 4 centuries. Averages don't lie over that number of innings. That doesn't make him a great imo.
Just an opinion, of course.

It's one of those debates I guess that'll always rumble on.
For me, no doubting his talent. But I felt was a bit of a flat track bully. Definitely in the list of very good England players, but not quite a great

your hero only scored 1 more 100 than him

22 100s makes you a flat track bully, remarkable

My view on attacks

Australia - it’s truly superb. Obviously misses a genius like Warne, but Cummins, Hazelwood and Starc are quality in any era

England - still way too reliant on Broad and Anderson. Some potential, but outside of these two greats it’s unproven (Woakes in England aside)

India - probably their best attack ever. Certainly their best pace attack

South Africa - on the wane. 5 years ago it was exceptional, but Steyn, Philander and Morkel leaving (and Ntini before that) weakens any attack. Rabada ie exceptional

NZ - Boult and Southee are getting older, but super cricketers. Wagner weirdly gets a lot of wickets. Ferguson needs blooding over Henry imo

West Indies - better than I probably gave them credit for, but not vintage by any stretch. Like Gabriel a lot

Pakistan - potentially the best attack in the world. Pace, height, metronomic accuracy. And a leggie. Love them

Rabada is good but conceding 4 an over at test level, he'll never be a great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back