I wonder if Burstow is a long term project

He's looking for the midfirld to thread him in, infortunately for him the midfield are looking to find Jack Clarke. At least Rusyn has adapted and realised he needs to put a shift in and make his own chances. That being said all of them are young lads being thrown into a very strange set up to what they are familiar with.

He's definitely got no future at Chelsea that much is evident, I think he could be a championship footballer with a hell of a lot of work but he's gonna need to improve a lot for that to happen, really want it to work out for the lad as he's had it tough growing up and would be nice to see his and his adopted families dedication come to fruition, end of the day he's playing professional football for Sunderland which is a dream most of us had but never came close, you could say he's made it already! Hopefully his metamorphosis starts today and we see him bloom...(I'd still start Rusyn)

He doesn’t appear to be what I would call a natural striker. It’s the hardest role to play at this level.

You can’t help but feel it would have been better for him to be withdrawn in a 10 or wide for games as a sub getting game time and seeing more of ball.

He has good technique, just not the physicality or movement needed yet, which will come with coaching.
Even Henry and Ronaldo started out wide
Even if we signed Haaland he'd struggle to score without any actual service (slight exaggeration). The lads have been forced to play without a striker for so long their pattern of play pretty much avoids it. Beale needs to change it massively but it'll take time we don't have.

I don’t agree with that, if Harland was in our team he would be demanding the ball and making movement that makes easy to give him it.
In fact Ross Stewart would … wonder if we might get him back next season if Southampton get promoted

Last edited:

Back