I wonder if Burstow is a long term project

Burstow is a waste of space, a big time London Charlie boy looking for the rest of the team to lay it on a plate for him. He never puts a shift in, doesn’t look at all interested, his attitude stinks, he’s taking the well paid piss. Send him back to Chelsea

I was hoping that,instead of waiting for the usual hour mark to bring on subs, Beale was at half time going to surprise Boro and withdraw Burstow and Ba and bring on Rusyn and Roberts. He did make those subs, but all too late. The difference that Rusyn made was immediate, he did more in 5 mins than Burstow did in an hour and of course went on to score. Rusyn should be told he he is going to get a run of starting games to give the lad confidence.

Given that we were somewhat poor for a lot of the match today, a point was a good result.
We would have bought him if Chelsea were selling. I reckon we'd have paid a couple of mil - thank fuck that Chelsea didn't want to.
He isn't ready at all for this standard of football.

I saw 2 in 16 league appearances but didn't realise he'd scored goals in the Papa Johns too.

Still based on what I've seen of him I just really don't think there's a player in there.
He scored 2 goals in 16 in League One last season? That true? And we thought he'd be good in the Championship this season?

We would have bought him if Chelsea were selling. I reckon we'd have paid a couple of mil - thank fuck that Chelsea didn't want to.
He isn't ready at all for this standard of football.
Burstow isn’t going to make it at Championship level. What has he done in the reserves to deserve a first team chance over Rusyn who’s actually scored goals?

This is thing I don’t understand if he’s playing unbelievable like Amad was then you play him, but he’s not even doing 7/10 performances, we might as well play hemir! And rusyn should be starting over both as he’s 25 and should be ready, it’s either something contractual or these coaches are idiots
POTD.
His continued selection doesnt bode well for SAFCs future. Either through the HCs ability to spot a player or the recruitment departments ability to cut a deal.

Reminds me of various strikers you get traded around in the lower leagues. You get told they're good finishers, technically sound, great in training, etc. But when it comes to playing against the big boys, they're weak. They become static, too weak to hold the ball up and if they don't get lots of chances to score then their confidence drops.

I know it's a difficult job but I end up longing for a grafter like Gelhardt as opposed to this kid who is a fish out of water.

I said in the match thread, it's wonderful that we give the kids and young players a chance at our club.

I simply can't agree with developing a player of another club who simply is not going to cut it. Rusyn did more 30 seconds after coming on than Burstow did the previous 60+ minutes.

I don't even think Hemir will make it but I would rather play him as he is ours and we could potentially benefit in the future from a transfer fee.

He’s just not that good. He will probably have a half decent earning career bouncing around lower championship/ league 1 teams and be mentioned he’s an ex Chelsea academy product every time one of these clubs appears in an fa cup match.
he’s no better than what we have here already, so seems stupid to be playing him in front of our own strikers

Whilst I agree he isn’t for us and shouldn’t be starting at all, to say he’s a “big London Charlie boy” couldn’t be more wrong.

He’s a great kid who’s worked his backside off despite his incredibly rough start in life.

I really hope we carves out a career in football, even though it’s obviously not going to be with us
Definitely this, I really want him to succeed but it isn't happening here for us, must be brilliant in training to even get a sniff but he's shown nothing in first team games.

If I was Beale I’d make him watch Greenwood’s performance today on a 24 hour loop. His work rate, determination, angled runs exactly what we needed. He has the legs for it but looked lost. Mind first half the supply to him was pretty much zero, but if you make yourself look credible the ball comes.

Don’t think he’d cut it in L1 either
How many lads on this site look at Burstow and go " for F..k sake sign me and i guarantee i will score more than that plank " Honestly i have seen better players onSunday morning ,sub zero temprature on the Marley Potts 45 degree angled pitch score more than this player .How on earth did he progress through the ranks .it defeats me .

I'm sure we offered to buy Burstow and Chelsea turned us down so we went back in for a loan.

Seems like we got lucky with that one at the end as he's been so poor.

Back