I wonder if Burstow is a long term project

Just a thought, maybe we sometimes take loan players who we know have no future at their parent club.

It would put a different slant on his selections ahead of our own youngsters.

Just a thought, maybe we sometimes take loan players who we know have no future at their parent club.

It would put a different slant on his selections ahead of our own youngsters.
He's definitely got no future at Chelsea that much is evident, I think he could be a championship footballer with a hell of a lot of work but he's gonna need to improve a lot for that to happen, really want it to work out for the lad as he's had it tough growing up and would be nice to see his and his adopted families dedication come to fruition, end of the day he's playing professional football for Sunderland which is a dream most of us had but never came close, you could say he's made it already! Hopefully his metamorphosis starts today and we see him bloom...(I'd still start Rusyn)

He was top scorer for Chelsea in PL2 last season, scored against Dortmund in pre-season, and was on the fringe of the first team / made his debut in August. They must have thought they had got a diamond who would slot straight in. How wrong they were.

Funny thing is that if he’d stayed at Chelsea and scored another 5 or 6 for their PL2 side, and we’d bought him for £2m last week, then we’d all be excited about finally having a CF.

Anyway, as I’ve said before the Charlton & Chelsea ST holders I play Sunday football with all said when we signed him that he’d be out of his depth - even now, they can’t believe he’s still getting game time. Hope he proves them wrong, but at the moment they were bang on the money.

He was a stupid loan signing, but could have been an OK permanent signing. If that is the plan at least there is some logic to playing him. Otherwise why is he in and Hemir kicking his heels

He's definitely got no future at Chelsea that much is evident, I think he could be a championship footballer with a hell of a lot of work but he's gonna need to improve a lot for that to happen, really want it to work out for the lad as he's had it tough growing up and would be nice to see his and his adopted families dedication come to fruition, end of the day he's playing professional football for Sunderland which is a dream most of us had but never came close, you could say he's made it already! Hopefully his metamorphosis starts today and we see him bloom...(I'd still start Rusyn)
Why do you think he’s got no future at Chelsea? Until he came here he was highly thought of by Chelsea youth coaches (bizarrely), enough to go on pre-season tour to US with their first team and make his league debut in August.

He was a stupid loan signing, but could have been an OK permanent signing. If that is the plan at least there is some logic to playing him. Otherwise why is he in and Hemir kicking his heels
£££’s. We’ll pay his wages and keep the loan fee down, provided you keep playing him???

Hemir and Mayenda offer the same if not more.
They are the players we should be developing, I think Hemir will be our diamond in the rough. Wish he would get more game time and we’d start playing to his strengths or at least crossing the ball

I've seen him play on several occasions...
I don’t dispute your view on his abilities, I share them. Mind I’ve also seen Nicolas Jackson play on several occasions too ….

However, Burstow will be a Chelsea player for the next 2-3 years, even if it only means a few pre-season games, and loan deals - it’s the Chelsea model - so he has a future of sorts with them (IMO).

See how the second half of the season goes but upto now I don't think he's good enough for a team trying to get into the play offs. Nowhere near a Chelsea level player and got some way to go before ever playing in the Prem. Still a young lad though and plenty room for development.

100% not good enough and highly likely never will be. He has shown nothing at all so far for us. It's not like he's been making runs and not getting picked out or linking up play well but not scoring. He's been anonymous and a mistake of a signing. Despite his worldie last week he shouldn't start for us again.

Back