I see this board has turned on another manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think after 1 game of the new season it’s too early to pull the trigger.

For me, he needs to show that he’s learned from last season, and he needs to do it pretty quickly.
Going off Saturday’s performance he clearly hasn’t, have said it on a few threads, if it doesn’t improve dramatically he’ll be gone before the end of August.

It’s not just one game though - we look the same as we did last season. Feels like we have just picked up where we left off.
Can't argue with that, Oxford game was a massive disappointment in front of a massive crowd, all it needed was a good strong performance from players who looked like they were up for it, and we could have hit the ground running. Instead we got the same old shite followed by the same old excuses. We deserve better.

Even if he would just show a bit of passion while he trys to get things right on the field may help. He is so dour & lacks any sort of personality or enthusiasm for the job as far as I can see.
Seems he would rather turn his problems onto the crowd than become passionate about the job. Maybe he would be happier managing in front of crowds of 5-10K ??

If I was running the club we'd be in the championship and have money to burn because of all the investment I was generating.

I am pleased none of you are responsible for running the club.

Of course we want him to succeed.... however i reckon he has just about got the right squad of decent players, so if he does not organise them and motivate them too much better performances than last week, (which was far to similar to lots of games last season), whilst taking his eye off the ball with the tinpot cup...he has to go.

2 successive years in the turd division this is the lowest the club has ever been and i am furious about it.

Yeah, the football is shit and the results are as bad.

Oxford should’ve beaten us easily.

Why shouldn’t people question a manager who is failing and then asks for prospective after drawing against Oxford? He’s been out of his depth for a while.

I didn’t think it was that bad! It’s outrageous

Proof is in the pudding he’s not good enough

22 draws and 24 wins only gets you to 94 points st most. Assuming you lose none at all. Typically promoted teams get around 90 points from a 46 game season, so you are only 2-3 losses away from not going up with that many draws.

The manager's system (or lack of it) and his selections have started to turn the fans against him.
Completely agree. I understand that Ross will as keen as any of us to see better performances, wins and promotion.
However I can't see that he's going about this the best way by changing the way we play. Footballers are simple bairns they're not rocket scientists. If you confuse them they'll fuck up and I think he's confusing them. This is a poor league and we seem to be making it complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back