I see this board has turned on another manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ah so you think what’s happening is acceptable? This isn’t just about one game it’s 4/5 months of the same old rubbish

From the 5th January Winning 9 games from 26 matches in LEAGUE ONE (including play offs and excluding Cheka trade) is unacceptable

9 wins from 26 games from 5th January to the Oxford game

Didn’t think it was that bad but it is

That is absolutely horrendous, makes the 22 draws look like a positive!!

After 1 game it’s too early to be wanting him out, after the failures of last season and how it played out he was always going to be under pressure early on as he lost many supporters with his team selection and tactics.
Id expect the next 10 games will be critical to Jack Ross.
Let’s hope he shoves it down all our throats and realises what it takes to get out of this awful league.

If he was succesful the board would not turn on him. He's not so people have a right to voice opinions as been there before with crap managers.

Always the managers fault, never the circumstances. You would think it was obvious they can’t all be rubbish.
This bloke still has to prove himself and doesn’t have long to do it, but this place has no idea what it takes to build a team literally from nothing and for it to be competitive

I think after 1 game of the new season it’s too early to pull the trigger. I actually still have a glimmer of hope that Ross will come good.

However.... I can’t blame anyone that has ‘turned on’ him. Failing to get promotion was a huge kick in the teeth but the way in which we did it just made it worse. The football was dire and the tactics were naive at best.

For me, he needs to show that he’s learned from last season, and he needs to do it pretty quickly.

I think that one game of the new season is too late to pull the trigger. Been shouting for him out since those 3 calamitous home games in a week in January where we failed to win any of them and messed up our opportunity to go up

I am pleased none of you are responsible for running the club.

Doesn't take much to turn, 70 games of shoite, 2 bottled finals, pre-season the problems were still there, no lessons learned....thick as mince......mebbes Donald has hamstrung him with the recruitment, but he keeps saying "if Jack needs players".....we're looking for a left back apparently....

Always the managers fault, never the circumstances. You would think it was obvious they can’t all be rubbish.
This bloke still has to prove himself and doesn’t have long to do it, but this place has no idea what it takes to build a team literally from nothing and for it to be competitive

From nothing? He had a central midfielder who’s captained over 400 PL games, a winger who’s the best player in the league, a striker who scored 12 goals from 17 shots, a £5m+ transfer budget in a league where the combined spend of the other 23 teams was £200k, one cb signed from the championship, another signed as he was the best league one cb the season prior, a fantastic goalkeeper for this level, a LB that’s left to play champions league football and numerous other players way beyond this level.

Ross is the one that failed to motivate any of them and turned them all into shadows of what they are capable of. In their last seasons at this level both Wyke and Grigg scored more than 20 goals. Under Ross they both look like complete donkeys. Who’s fault is that?

I am pleased none of you are responsible for running the club.
On the poll, the majority want to give him more time.

It's fairly obvious that we should be dissapointed. We have a team of individuals who should be walking this league.
Atm, JR has got them playing a shit style that a few of them haven't got a clue how to put into practice.

All this board would love him to change and get things right. I think the difference is a few think nothing will change and he won't get it right.

The most ardent backer of JR, and the biggest happy clapper though must surely realise that if we don't win say, 5 of the next 8, playing a type of football where we control games, then he's not the man for us?
And I think that's where most of this board are at tbh.

Last edited:
After 1 game it’s too early to be wanting him out, after the failures of last season and how it played out he was always going to be under pressure early on as he lost many supporters with his team selection and tactics.
Id expect the next 10 games will be critical to Jack Ross.
Let’s hope he shoves it down all our throats and realises what it takes to get out of this awful league.

It’s not just one game though - we look the same as we did last season. Feels like we have just picked up where we left off.

The 22 draws bit could probably be overlooked if we were playing decent stuff and looking like winning games. Trouble is we're not, and saturday showed absolutely no signs of any of this changing.
Take Maja and McLaughlin out of the team last season and we'd have been sitting in mid table obscurity.

It’s not just one game though - we look the same as we did last season. Feels like we have just picked up where we left off.

I wanted him out after the play off final. He failed.

However, given the board have backed him again, it would be canny outrageous to sack after 1 single game of the new season. They have to give him a number of games this season to hopefully shoe that it can be turned round. What that number is will be the important aspect. 5 games? 10 games ? I think it could be untenable if we get smashed down Ipswich on Saturday and lose at home to Pompy TBH. Obviously hope this doesn't happen but I do think we missed a trick by not getting rid at the end of the season and letting a new man install his ideas in the pre season.

I wanted him out after the play off final. He failed.

However, given the board have backed him again, it would be canny outrageous to sack after 1 single game of the new season. They have to give him a number of games this season to hopefully shoe that it can be turned round. What that number is will be the important aspect. 5 games? 10 games ? I think it could be untenable if we get smashed down Ipswich on Saturday and lose at home to Pompy TBH. Obviously hope this doesn't happen but I do think we missed a trick by not getting rid at the end of the season and letting a new man install his ideas in the pre season.

Yeah, he won’t get the bullet until after those games at least, particularly seeing as they have backed him over the summer.

I actually think we have brought in some decent players but I remain unconvinced that he can get the best out of them. Hopefully I will be proven wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back