I look four months pregnant (alcoholism)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does the water thing work? What other benefits does it have?

It does. You're body will store water if you don't give it enough, hence a constant bloated look. Drinking it continuously combats this 1 issue - your body won't need to store it if it's being given loads on a daily basis.

Loads of benefits - muscle hydration, fatigue buster, digestive improvement, calorie control and your kidneys will thank you for it

Negatives - pissing like a racehorse

Stop all together ...alcoholics cannot cut down. Get your fix with endorphins by taking up a sport or an active pastime outdoors hiking/biking/ trecking etc You can vape some weed if you get desperate or want to chill. Best of luck

It will? I drink plenty of water in the morning because i'm dehydrated. Then it's coffe for the rest of the day. Then alcohol until I go to sleep. It's not everyday like. I'm 44, living abroad. My problem is the home-drinking and how comfortable with that I am. Thanks for the comment.

you need to find a gym and spend 2 hours a night there 3 times a week. You are putting your heart under major strain. You can do it - stick to coffee in the morning only - you do not need one form of drug or another to get through the day/night - you just think you do.

It will? I drink plenty of water in the morning because i'm dehydrated. Then it's coffe for the rest of the day. Then alcohol until I go to sleep. It's not everyday like. I'm 44, living abroad. My problem is the home-drinking and how comfortable with that I am. Thanks for the comment.

Knock that on the head. learn the guitar or do something else.

Also look into fasting a couple of days a week.

Stop all together ...alcoholics cannot cut down. Get your fix with endorphins by taking up a sport or an active pastime outdoors hiking/biking/ trecking etc You can vape some weed if you get desperate or want to chill. Best of luck
Alcoholics stopping drinking by "hiking" and "vaping weed" (?) lol.

People who drink to great excess are usually doing so to mask other problems. Self esteem, depression, loneliness etc.

Take stock of your personal situation cos if anything like that applies to you and you don’t fix it, the long term likelihood of success is slim to none.

Saying ‘people love me when I’m pissed’ - will those people come and visit you in hospital? Pay your medical bills? Donate liver? That looks like a bad sign to me.

I love a drink me. I drink to excess when I drink. The world is a brighter place and friends and I are hilarious. I just don't drink that often and only socially.

Home drinking or alone drinking are when things can go downhill rapidly.

There's no AA in China, don't need that kind of help. I will not stop drinking anytime soon. I love a drink, people love me when i'm drinking and making them laugh. It's been this way since I was 18. I'm not giving that up. However, I do know that I should drink less and exercise more, reduce the beer gut. That would be something. If I die tomorrow of liver cancer well that's on me.

I'm specifically looking for ways to reduce my perceived pregnancy:lol:

You think people like you drinking as you feel relaxed and people see that side of you. People will also like the quieter side of you - problem is when you are performer you need an audience therefore you feel you always need to 'be on stage'. In reality people like the quieter version.

I love a drink me. I drink to excess when I drink. The world is a brighter place and friends and I are hilarious. I just don't drink that often and only socially.

Home drinking or alone drinking are when things can go downhill rapidly.
Don't agree with the last bit, I've had some right sessions at home, drinking alone. Love it, go to a beer shop, pick out some old favourites and a few new ones to try. Lovely.

Drinking alone and drinking at home aren't alcoholism, being addicted to alcohol is.

The same thing happened to me before my liver gave up - it's not a beer gut, mine was firm when I pressed against it. 7 months in hospital and a couple of them in a coma fixed it.

You need to stop. Now!!!!

Yep - its the organs getting saturated. All hard drinkers have stick like arms/legs. They can't put fat on there. His body needs a major detox. It's all psychology - he thinks he needs to drink to entertain. Its just not true. Alcohol is a blocker, it blocks your real self from being seen -

Don't agree with the last bit, I've had some right sessions at home, drinking alone. Love it, go to a beer shop, pick out some old favourites and a few new ones to try. Lovely.

Drinking alone and drinking at home aren't alcoholism, being addicted to alcohol is.

I'm not saying people cannot do it but it's a rocky road if you are already a heavy drinker.

I’ve never enjoyed drinking by myself, it’s a social thing for me and only at weekends (not criticising you btw).
If I have a drink on a Sunday, Monday at work is awful. I just can’t function the same. Mind I wasn’t always like this I could do 7 nights a week at one time, I have no idea how I managed it, I think there is a bit of an age thing now.
I also go to the gym before work now, it’s an incentive not to drink because I’m up at 5.00 and wouldn’t want to be done for drinking and driving on the way to the gym.

once you are out of bed 5am is the best hour of the clock - you feel that extra bit alive knowing the birds are just waking and most others are asleep.

Well can't really comment. I usually go through periods where I'll drink a lot, then periods where I won't drink at all.

Then you are 100% fine. I used to drink a bit in the house and still will if we have friends round but it's virtually ceased. I thin it may be an age thing.

Use my fitness pal to track what you eat/drink, use a fitbit to see how many calories you burn each day.

Eat 500 calories a day less than you burn, you'll lose 1lb a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back