I look four months pregnant (alcoholism)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a (spare tyre) so to speak, or fat legs and arms. Just the double chin and protruding gut. Anyone else had the same issue? I am cutting back on the booze and doing more exercise as a result of this ridiculous beer gut.

This is not the only place i'm asking for advice because so many on here are utter bellends. But there are a few, who will consider my post seriously.
If drinking makes you happier than the beer gut makes you sad your up a creek. Until that changes buy loose fitting clothes to hide it and carry on being happy.
There's not really anything anyone can do for you as you are an adult and think for yourself until them feelings change.

I drink every night usually 3 massive glasses of wine and have a big beer gut. Im definitely considering packing it in..

Separate your mind from your body. Don't keep pouring a bottle of wine down a night. Find other pass times. Exercise is always a good start. I guess you hate it. The easiest way is to start park run - 9am in every city worldwide. It gives you something to aim for.

It's not something you can spot just by looking at someone.
You better believe it, thousands of alcoholics out there functioning normally.

Yep - its the organs getting saturated. All hard drinkers have stick like arms/legs. They can't put fat on there. His body needs a major detox. It's all psychology - he thinks he needs to drink to entertain. Its just not true. Alcohol is a blocker, it blocks your real self from being seen -
To put it bluntly the text I have highlighted is total bollocks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was drinking far too much. Have been trying to cut down, only go out once a week now, though I tend to binge on that day, making up for all the days I'd missed. That is my next hurdle. Increased exercise and improved diet and you will soon have a flat stomach as opposed to a 4 or 6 mths pregnant bump. Of course everyone's metabolisms are different , some people never put weight on, others pile it on. I fee l better for it, but bloody hell, there are a lot of hours to fill in without the pub and the sometimes subsequent loss of the following day that comes from over indulging on the drink , which is even worse if you are out off work. Only so many books you can read, so much you can watch on tv and iplayer.

I drink every night usually 3 massive glasses of wine and have a big beer gut. Im definitely considering packing it in..

That's a fair bit every day mind. I had got into a routine of drinking 2/3 times a week at home- but pointless really but after avoiding home drinking for about 10 days it was quite simple really. I am sure there's a theory that if you do something 7 times it becomes a habit.....good luck

Also do men drink wine?

Then you are 100% fine. I used to drink a bit in the house and still will if we have friends round but it's virtually ceased. I thin it may be an age thing.
There's been times though, when before a sesh all I can think about is what beer I'm gonna have. I like the taste more than the effect though. Although the effect can be good.

Also do men drink wine?

There's been times though, when before a sesh all I can think about is what beer I'm gonna have. I like the taste more than the effect though. Although the effect can be good.
:lol::lol:I have met men alcoholics who only drank sherry.
Draft Australian white wine is another one that blows the mind.

Also do men drink wine?

I hate the taste of beer. I assumed I’d grow into it as I got older but it’s just never appealed to me. I much prefer a cherry coke, or milk. I think my dad is secretly ashamed of me.

Reactions: JJH
You think people like you drinking as you feel relaxed and people see that side of you. People will also like the quieter side of you - problem is when you are performer you need an audience therefore you feel you always need to 'be on stage'. In reality people like the quieter version.
This is a good point anarl.
There’s nowt more tedious than those Robin Williams types who find it impossible to switch off and constantly think they have to be ‘on’ all the time.

I don't have a (spare tyre) so to speak, or fat legs and arms. Just the double chin and protruding gut. Anyone else had the same issue? I am cutting back on the booze and doing more exercise as a result of this ridiculous beer gut.

This is not the only place i'm asking for advice because so many on here are utter bellends. But there are a few, who will consider my post seriously.

you do know the belly will go last , when losing weight.

and some times it will be hard to shift weight at start.

Haven't had a drink for 3 weeks now and can't speak highly enough of my local Recovery service.

AA is weird as fuck but it certainly is a big help to be in a room with people who know exactly how you think and behave around the pop.

It's all fresh in my mind so any questions just drop me a pm.
Don’t, under any circumstances, go anywhere near AA. Their methods dont work and the have a success rate of less than 5%, despite their claims.

I’ve been dry for over two years now, it does help to meet others in the same boat, but not at AA.

My thinking or a liver the size of Wales
Mine was Texas size

Last edited:

Drinking and putting on weight because if it is not alcoholism. Let's get that right in the open or it will give true skinny alcoholics a mental excuse to consider themselves normal.

Why does the belly go last ?

Does it not just go evenly ?
It kind of does go evenly but for men often the last bit to disappear when losing weight is belly fat, though everyone is different and stores fat in different places/proportions. There's nothing you can do about that though, except lose weight until it goes. You can't target weight loss to particular areas of the body, though you can probably influence how it looks by building muscle mass in particular places, if that's your thing.

Okay I will pay more attention to that. I know that the body will store fat if you eat late a t night for example. But i'm only fat on my belly, it looks swollen. I assumed my liver is going to pack it in soon. I'm not a bottle of vodka a day man. Or a 10 pints a day man. But My appearance is getting annoying. Like, i'm a 38 waist now. Was 34 up until I was 36. My GF (no) thinks it's funny but I know she just tolerates my BS habit. Bless her.
It makes no difference whether you eat during the day or night. It's all about the calories you intake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back