I know you've had enough.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt read, fuck off, classless bunch of cünts throwing stuff at kids and threatening to stab people.
Some but not all. It was and always will be a minority. Don't like Portsmouth very much at all, that’s mostly due to the way they play and something to do with the way a small percentage of their fans have behaved this year. There is good and bad wherever you come from so show some class and don’t tar everyone with the same brush.

HWTL

How do you see it going tomorrow? Do you think you will come out all guns blazing or try and get a feel for the game and be more sensible and not going ho?

I feel that it’s not Jacketts style to come out and go for it and it may not work?

If Jackett has another style of play, I wish he'd have tried it once or twice before tomorrow lol.

Can't see us doing anything other than our usual, sit back, hope not to concede and hit it long to Hawkins and hope one of the 2 or 3 lads around him picks it up and does something. The style of play has been poor all season, it was almost as if we couldn't moan about it before the turn of the year because we were top. I can't actually remember many games I've walked away thinking how good we were, if anything I've wondered how the bloody hell are we competing for promotion.

I think Jackett will happily take a 1-0 and take it to extra time and possibly pens. Whether that happens, I'm not so sure, if we concede, we have to go for it and the performance at home to Peterbrough shows that you could drive a bus through our back 4 if we lose our heads and feel we have to chase the game.

Not sure my heart is going to enjoy tomorrow one bit, but I guess I'd rather be in them than my season be finished sitting in mid table mediocrity.

As for all the fuck offs, not a problem. If I couldn't take someone miles away on their phone or computer telling me to fuck off (as a term of indearment or not) I'd have some problems, been called worse and will Jo doubt be called worse in the future haha.

If Jackett has another style of play, I wish he'd have tried it once or twice before tomorrow lol.

Can't see us doing anything other than our usual, sit back, hope not to concede and hit it long to Hawkins and hope one of the 2 or 3 lads around him picks it up and does something. The style of play has been poor all season, it was almost as if we couldn't moan about it before the turn of the year because we were top. I can't actually remember many games I've walked away thinking how good we were, if anything I've wondered how the bloody hell are we competing for promotion.

I think Jackett will happily take a 1-0 and take it to extra time and possibly pens. Whether that happens, I'm not so sure, if we concede, we have to go for it and the performance at home to Peterbrough shows that you could drive a bus through our back 4 if we lose our heads and feel we have to chase the game.

Not sure my heart is going to enjoy tomorrow one bit, but I guess I'd rather be in them than my season be finished sitting in mid table mediocrity.

As for all the fuck offs, not a problem. If I couldn't take someone miles away on their phone or computer telling me to fuck off (as a term of indearment or not) I'd have some problems, been called worse and will Jo doubt be called worse in the future haha.
I can see us scoring first. I think the worrying thing for Pompey is we seem to have worked you out. Oviedo took Lowe out of the game, Ozturk did the same to Hawkins. Curtis is not at it at all and has said his confidence is low so he’s not a big issue. In fact I can see you putting Evans out there instead. I think you’ve got to hope Pitman is fit as think he could give Flanagan the runaround. He has the ability to do so but also think Cattermole would be a Thorne in his side.

If we do score first I think it’s game over as would leave you just too vulnerable having to push Clarke on. It’ll be entertaining if nothing else but I think experience will show for this one.

I'm in the boat that has no animosity towards Pompey. Liked them before this season. We've been pitted against each other 5 times now and it's bound to cause some needle. And I'm certainly not going to judge them all on the actions of one knobhead who launched the smoke bomb. Also went down to Fratton Park when Defoe scored a pen for them and had some good banter with their fans in the pub beforehand.

Hopefully we can edge past them tomorrow but if not I'll wish them well at Wembley.

Some but not all. It was and always will be a minority. Don't like Portsmouth very much at all, that’s mostly due to the way they play and something to do with the way a small percentage of their fans have behaved this year. There is good and bad wherever you come from so show some class and don’t tar everyone with the same brush.

HWTL
Then report trouble makers to the police instead of protecting them, see it, own it.

All scum.

Then report trouble makers to the police instead of protecting them, see it, own it.

All scum.
You’re entitled to your view fella but it’s not a very pragmatic one. It’s tarring everyone with the same brush and that breeds everything from bigotry to racism.

Hopefully age will mellow you.

Not on here fishing etc, the fact 99% of you don't believe I'm a Pompey fan or are telling me to kindly go elsewhere highlights your feelings towards us (pompey) in general, which is weird as we have barely crossed paths as teams or fans and until this season.

I don't get offended easily, but to infer that I might be James Vaughan is below the belt mate .

I'm just a working class lad who felt compelled to put what I thought was a more reasoned thread from a Pompey fan who probably has more in common with a lot of you lads than I do with my own Pompey fans.

Don’t take it to heart, it’s a tradition on here to tell newbies to fuck off.

Enjoy the match tomorrow, and if you get to Wembley you’ll have my support

Not on here fishing etc, the fact 99% of you don't believe I'm a Pompey fan or are telling me to kindly go elsewhere highlights your feelings towards us (pompey) in general, which is weird as we have barely crossed paths as teams or fans and until this season.

I don't get offended easily, but to infer that I might be James Vaughan is below the belt mate .

I'm just a working class lad who felt compelled to put what I thought was a more reasoned thread from a Pompey fan who probably has more in common with a lot of you lads than I do with my own Pompey fans.

You are Kevin Ball and i claim my 10 dubloons.

I'm taking the lad as genuine. As previous poster has said he's to articulate to be a skunk and I agree with that and thank him for what appears to be a genuine post

And Pompey86 just to confirm the 'Fuck Offs' are customary ' welcomes' to most newcomers although no doubt some posters genuinely mean it.

Good luck
Yes I think so as well.

Of us,

But just wanted to wish you all the best Thursday and I hope the dedicated fans making that shit journey down on a Thursday night have a safe trip to and from Pompey.

Also, whatever has gone on before, during and since we 1st played each other in December, I genuinely hope you get back to where you belong. I went up to the SoL Saturday and was envious of the facilities you call home, something we as pompey fans can only dream of (and no doubt will continue to for some time if not forever ‍♂️) not that we'd ever fill a stadium that f**king big .

I've never actually signed up to a forum before, least of all a Pompey one, I love my team but f**k me we have some dilusional characters down here (but I'm sure we all have them, some just more than others I guess), ours seem to have increased since we were in the Prem (somewhere we most certainly don't belong).

If club size was put into leagues we'd be a lower half Championship club, mid table at best and we'd have the odd flirt with promotion but more realistically staying up in the championship (or div 1 in the 90s) would be more commonplace and realistic. I'm sure you're really not bothered about this, but after seeing some threads about it, just thought I could add a sensible pompey point of view.

Anyway, as much as I want us to win Thursday, should you hang on to the win, good luck and all the best. If I'm engaged in chat thru this post I'll respond, if not I'll delete my account pretty soon, like I said, I'm not one for forums and I'm certainly not going to spend days and nights on other fans forums.

✊

Good post mate.

But the only thing I'd say is I remember Portsmouth going up around 1987 and I'm fairly sure they had about 27,000 in towards the end of the season. Could have been going up out of division 3 or division 2, can't remember, think Derby went up with them. Doesn't sound like a lot but in those days it was a lot, so maybe you're underestimating Portsmouth. I'd imagine they'd be pretty much on a par with Southampton? In the top flight would pull 35,000 in for a big game if they had the impetus of a new ground?

The 100 odd likes for your opening post not tell you anything mate?

Of us,

But just wanted to wish you all the best Thursday and I hope the dedicated fans making that shit journey down on a Thursday night have a safe trip to and from Pompey.

Also, whatever has gone on before, during and since we 1st played each other in December, I genuinely hope you get back to where you belong. I went up to the SoL Saturday and was envious of the facilities you call home, something we as pompey fans can only dream of (and no doubt will continue to for some time if not forever ‍♂️) not that we'd ever fill a stadium that f**king big .

I've never actually signed up to a forum before, least of all a Pompey one, I love my team but f**k me we have some dilusional characters down here (but I'm sure we all have them, some just more than others I guess), ours seem to have increased since we were in the Prem (somewhere we most certainly don't belong).

If club size was put into leagues we'd be a lower half Championship club, mid table at best and we'd have the odd flirt with promotion but more realistically staying up in the championship (or div 1 in the 90s) would be more commonplace and realistic. I'm sure you're really not bothered about this, but after seeing some threads about it, just thought I could add a sensible pompey point of view.

Anyway, as much as I want us to win Thursday, should you hang on to the win, good luck and all the best. If I'm engaged in chat thru this post I'll respond, if not I'll delete my account pretty soon, like I said, I'm not one for forums and I'm certainly not going to spend days and nights on other fans forums.

✊
Some of your points are fair, but I think saying we're possibly a lower end Championship side is doing us a disservice. Are you basing this on the size of Fratton Park, not taking into account it hasn't always had a capacity of only 20k? You can't possibly think any club on the south coast has more potential than us if we actually pull our fingers out. I think some of our fans need to have higher expectations rather than thinking we're poor relations to supposed bigger clubs.

Some of your points are fair, but I think saying we're possibly a lower end Championship side is doing us a disservice. Are you basing this on the size of Fratton Park, not taking into account it hasn't always had a capacity of only 20k? You can't possibly think any club on the south coast has more potential than us if we actually pull our fingers out. I think some of our fans need to have higher expectations rather than thinking we're poor relations to supposed bigger clubs.
Southampton have an academy that has produced some crackers.........plus the red and white stripes look canny

Southampton have an academy that has produced some crackers.........plus the red and white stripes look canny
I can't believe you like their colours :D yes they have a great academy but they are still a 'selling' club. Our previous owners screwed up by not investing in the infrastructure. All money went on players and wages with no thought of much else. I'll always remember Mandaric in his hard hat on a digger

All scum.

To be fair to them, it was Pompey who delivered the smoke bomb chucker to the cops (some fucker had to cause Mag police would never work it out themselves even with CCTV)

Reactions: BNM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back