I fear Michael Gray was right all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Grays first assessment and verdict on the new ownership was originally if everyone can remember very negative and he was adamant the club was now in the wrong hands.
For me there are huge alarm bells ringing that he was right.
The quality of recruitment appears poor.
The lack of funds is worrying.
I could go on and on......
Honestly man.

Some people.

Just puzzled why so many are showing such blind faith.
Blind?
He told us what the plan is. We already know what the plan is. To be fair, Bain's plan wasn't much different, and wasn't actually wrong - just poorly implemented.

We need to get the cost-base of the club to a level where we can actually start to work our way back up. Until then, we're not ready to start yet.

Gray also backed them on talksport when they were on.

He does what's of the moment. The guy hasn't got a tactical ounce about him nor is he ITK. He's a chancer who will continue to peddle nothingness in the hope that he can stray relevant enough to get him his next can of delicious sugar based soda.

Just puzzled why so many are showing such blind faith.

I may be in a minority here, but it is because they have just taken over the club and have a shit storm to sort out. They can't force players to sign for other clubs. Until those high earners leave, they have to do a job with one arm tied behind their back. To their credit, they are making pretty good progress.

However, in the spirit of things..... they should wave a magic wand and all of our ills should be sorted right now and we should be the best bestest team ever.

Janey, you're red and white daft and talk a lot of sense. It might not seem it but I'm a half a glass full person. But I am genuinely concerned we won't get out of League 1 for a number of seasons.

I just think the jump from Eastleigh to Sunderland is proving too big.
Really hope I am wrong.
If our budget as was stated in early interviews is bigger than even a lot of championship clubs. Please tell me why we haven't spent a penny on new players ?
Surely incoming transfer fees, season ticket sales, sponsorship money, parachute payment and also owners personal wealth is suficient to target a better standard of player.
The budget isn’t just about transfers it’s about wages. At the minute some of our wages are Premier League wages let alone championship wages.
As long as that’s the case we are in a dodgy situation

I’m curious as to why people are so quick to shut down those that are asking questions rather than repeatedly knocking one out ovet this new ownership. So far, all they’ve been are soundbites and PR stunts. Season starts in less than a month.

Janey, you're red and white daft and talk a lot of sense. It might not seem it but I'm a half a glass full person. But I am genuinely concerned we won't get out of League 1 for a number of seasons.
But why worry about something we can’t control, equally we might storm it. Who knows

I just think the jump from Eastleigh to Sunderland is proving too big.
Really hope I am wrong.
If our budget as was stated in early interviews is bigger than even a lot of championship clubs. Please tell me why we haven't spent a penny on new players ?
Surely incoming transfer fees, season ticket sales, sponsorship money, parachute payment and also owners personal wealth is suficient to target a better standard of player.

Look, just give the bloke some time before coming out with this bollocks mate.

If nowt has changed by the start of the season and we're losing every week then you have every right to have a go but given what the new owners have had to deal with, I think you're negative vibes are a bit premature.

It was never going to be easy for the new owners....most players wanting to leave, 20 million wage bill in league one, the Rodwell situation, trying to bring the right type of players to the club, a new manager, new sponsor, no TV money, players not turning up, having to try and bring in a whole new team, no preseason planned an MD on 1.6 million, staff redundancies of all the fuckers who lived it large on the coaching/scouting side....I'm sure there's stuff I've still not touched on.

Now think how long they have been in charge mate.

A bit more time is needed before the knives come out.

A recent statement from Donald said that we couldn’t bring players in until the current bunch of high earners have been moved on. If you think about it logically, it makes perfect sense. Our overall wage bill is still horrendously high, especially for a a club in Division 1.

If we are unable to rid ourselves of Ndong, Sillybodji, Kone and Oviedo our wage bill will obviously be a weight around our neck.

Hopefully these charlatans can be moved on and that will allow us to start recruiting more quality players. At the moment we have brought in free transfers in order to boost a depleted squad. So don’t panic I think we have a plan which should see the picture changing for the better.

I don’t think Ross would have taken the job if he could not see the ‘bigger picture’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back