I fear Michael Gray was right all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think Donald and Charlie have bitten slightly too much to chew on, I also think that they are trying to do things right, maybe with satori backing them (hopefully) .

Donald stands to lose a lot of his self made millions if he fucks this up. I just can't see satori standing by and watch us struggle.

Here's hoping.

He's not investing till we are in the championship, according to Donald on the last podcast.

They have been a breath of fresh air, they have said all of the right things and I was happy with the Ross appointment. Transfer wise, I think things have gone stale. The fans generally were not happy with the little money we received for McNair and now we're being informed that we're only receiving £2m for one of our hottest academy prospects.

Who's next to leave, Mumba for £250k?
I was happy with the McNair fee because he said he wanted to go. Same with Asoro. If you don’t want to play for us there is the door.
I’d worry more if there were players that genuinely wanted to stay and we had to sell them.
Only time will tell I guess

He's not investing till we are in the championship, according to Donald on the last podcast.
He's already pumped in 3 million for a stake in the club. That's why he's doing the efl tests right now.

Can't see him waiting if we're are not looking like promotion contenders.

Here we go again !!! 'Another Mag.' !!!!
Why is it when anybody questions any single aspect of the new ownership they are ridiculed.
I'm sorry but podcasts and fanzine interviews don't interest me. I prefer to look at cold hard facts and see through the numerous PR exercises.

They have to do that till November when it all goes tits up!

Here we go again !!! 'Another Mag.' !!!!
Why is it when anybody questions any single aspect of the new ownership they are ridiculed.
I'm sorry but podcasts and fanzine interviews don't interest me. I prefer to look at cold hard facts and see through the numerous PR exercises.
Cold hard speculations & lies. See through numerous mag infiltration exercises. Gan back to Benwell.

He's already pumped in 3 million for a stake in the club. That's why he's doing the efl tests right now.

Can't see him waiting if we're are not looking like promotion contenders.

Donald said he won't be investing in player recruitment till we are promoted, the 3 mil will be to have a stake in the club.

I was happy with the McNair fee because he said he wanted to go. Same with Asoro. If you don’t want to play for us there is the door.
I’d worry more if there were players that genuinely wanted to stay and we had to sell them.
Only time will tell I guess

We were also told that players are contracted to the club and if clubs can't match our valuation, they won't be allowed to leave. I think most expected to receive more for McNair, I certainly expected to receive more from Asoro, regardless of the fact that his contract is due to end next season.

They have been a breath of fresh air, they have said all of the right things and I was happy with the Ross appointment. Transfer wise, I think things have gone stale. The fans generally were not happy with the little money we received for McNair and now we're being informed that we're only receiving £2m for one of our hottest academy prospects.

Who's next to leave, Mumba for £250k?

any chance it was just some of our more unrealistic fans expecting too much given the situation and division we are in?

I just think the jump from Eastleigh to Sunderland is proving too big.
Really hope I am wrong.
If our budget as was stated in early interviews is bigger than even a lot of championship clubs. Please tell me why we haven't spent a penny on new players ?
Surely incoming transfer fees, season ticket sales, sponsorship money, parachute payment and also owners personal wealth is suficient to target a better standard of player.

We were also told that players are contracted to the club and if clubs can't match our valuation, they won't be allowed to leave. I think most expected to receive more for McNair, I certainly expected to receive more from Asoro, regardless of the fact that his contract is due to end next season.
Truthfully I had no idea what to expect for either, maybe I’m naive or not savvy enough but I was quite chuffed to pretty much get back what we’d paid for McNair given he’d never really pushed on from where he was when we signed him, how many times he’d played and not really (albeit he had a nasty injury) had an opportunity over a long period to prove himself.
Asoro just didn’t want to play for us, he and his agent have been touting himself around. He may make it he may not, if he does we have a sell on clause. In the meantime he could be the next David Bellion as equally as the next Jordan Pickford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back