Huddersfield v Poocastle kick off17:30 sky Sports 1 / Sky Sports 1 HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say that the football was good, it's not, although there has been games throughout the season. But there are teams that can keep pace and keep the pressure on, when you go down you will become a scalp and if you think you can just turn up to burton on albian by the sea and walk away with three points you are mistaken, you will find it tough. the standard maybe low but you need to concentrate for the full 90 mins, you need to be organised, it's not a walk in the park you all think it is.

watched the brighton game, and wasn't 'quality' footy, but you got the sense Newcastle had brighton rattled before the leveller, they were well pressured and pressed by Newcastle and this leads to mistakes/panic/ and you could see their hearts sank when the fluke leveller went in.

Toon have scored a few lucky ones lately, but they are forcing errors and luck to an extent- how many more lucky goals did we get when we had a decent team?
Impossible to get the lucky richochets etc if the team is so slow and negative we barely get in the opponents half, which is why at this stage we should be adding khazri in and going for it a bit more

watched the brighton game, and wasn't 'quality' footy, but you got the sense Newcastle had brighton rattled before the leveller, they were well pressured and pressed by Newcastle and this leads to mistakes/panic/ and you could see their hearts sank when the fluke leveller went in.

Toon have scored a few lucky ones lately, but they are forcing errors and luck to an extent- how many more lucky goals did we get when we had a decent team?
Impossible to get the lucky richochets etc if the team is so slow and negative we barely get in the opponents half, which is why at this stage we should be adding khazri in and going for it a bit more

Agreed, there was that saying that Man U were always lucky because they scored so many late late goals, the fact is they scored them because they put pressure on until the whistle blew. So you are correct pressure leads to mistakes. I watched the first half of your game against City yesterday and you seemed organised at the back, (although City were very slow, looking for that perfect pass into the box, bored me to be honest) and look hard to beat, but leaving Defoe upfront by himself makes his work difficult, although he is capable. But do you sacrifice defence for a more potent attack? personally at this stage in the game I would, one win in three is as good as three draws.

Agreed, there was that saying that Man U were always lucky because they scored so many late late goals, the fact is they scored them because they put pressure on until the whistle blew. So you are correct pressure leads to mistakes. I watched the first half of your game against City yesterday and you seemed organised at the back, (although City were very slow, looking for that perfect pass into the box, bored me to be honest) and look hard to beat, but leaving Defoe upfront by himself makes his work difficult, although he is capable. But do you sacrifice defence for a more potent attack? personally at this stage in the game I would, one win in three is as good as three draws.

Yep, defoe needs a bit help, he feeds of scraps, and the more average sideways merchants you play the less options there is, more pressure on janusajzzz to skin 4 men, much easier to defend against a midfield full of lads who will never run with the ball

Toon fans occasionally frustrated he plays more defensive against weaker sides?

Yep, defoe needs a bit help, he feeds of scraps, and the more average sideways merchants you play the less options there is, more pressure on janusajzzz to skin 4 men, much easier to defend against a midfield full of lads who will never run with the ball

Toon fans occasionally frustrated he plays more defensive against weaker sides?

I would have preferred a more rigid 442 if I am honest, I love big Mitro but he is not a lone striker, he needs someone with him, which is why he will be sold in the summer. So I guess, yeah a little frustrated, but as I said elsewhere in this thread, we have the most goals in the league, we have the most shots at goal in the league and possession wise, if we are not top we are up there with them. So the formation is a little defensive/cautious but sitting back and analysing the season as a whole we have been fairly attack minded.
However if we had this team in the premier league we would have had a different experience and it would definitely have felt defensive. Thankfully this isn't our premier league team. Rafa's teams have always been defence minded to be fair, It's like everything else in life if things are going well you don't notice the shit, but when things are bad that's all you can see.

But simple answer, yes I would prefer a more attack minded 442

Thats fair enough, opinions, but personally i'd take Anichebe over Ritchie on the left no problem at all.

I think Watmore has had a bigger impact in the Prem than Atsu on the right and i think he'd be excellent in the championship.

Shelvey is a better footballer than all of our midfield, i'd agree with, but he's got the wrong attitude.

He's had a very good season, because he gets so much time on the ball in that league to pick a pass and Newcastle attack more than they defend.

We've seen last season and the year before, just how shit he can be when his back is against the wall.

Next year however i genuinely believe N'Dong, Rodwell, Gibson/Cattermole would all look excellent players in that division.

People are saying Newcastle players are good, basing them on playing against Championship footballers.

The fact McNair looked like a number 10 and scored 2 in his one game for us at that level, pretty much says all i need to know about the standard of that league.

How’s this holding up?

Sima with all due respect you are coming across a real sad act now. You seem to be on here more than anyone else, despite the fact I hope you lose every game you play I've barely looked at mag forums let alone make an account on one and be active pretty much every day.

Sima with all due respect you are coming across a real sad act now. You seem to be on here more than anyone else, despite the fact I hope you lose every game you play I've barely looked at mag forums let alone make an account on one and be active pretty much every day.
Plays the ‘decent mag’ role when Newcastle are doing shite but turns into the biggest wanker of them all when things look OK for them and shit for us. Sad as fuck.

He’s coming across as a prize helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back