Huddersfield v Poocastle kick off17:30 sky Sports 1 / Sky Sports 1 HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mannone Darlow - Nowt between them.

Jones/love Yedlin - We've already opted for Jones over Yedlin. We seen how he defends in the Prem.
Oviedo Dummett - Every day of the week
Papy Lascelles - Seen nothing of Lacelles at Prem level to convince me he's any good.
Jos. Clark - JOS every time.

Cattermole Shelvey - Shelvey in the Championship when you don't need to defend, catts everytime in the Prem.
Ndong Diame - NDong easily
Rodwell Colback - Rodwell

????? - Gayle - Will go Gayle as i don't know who the ???? will be
Watmore + Anichebe against Ritchie and Atsu - I'd take the beast and the roadrunner, they have far more impact on a game, although i do like Richie.

So yes, i believe we would have the better side.

You're judging Newcastle players playing against absolute shite every week and even then they don't look that good.

Aye Sunderland are having a bad season, but it's 10 times harder up against Yaya and Aguero then Glenn Murray and Steve Sidwell FFS.

FFS :lol::lol:

@leerik_canamole

I thought we were supposed to be the delusional ones! Although I agree with your attitude you should be positive instead of negative. However looking at your squad objectively (or as best as I can, I will have negative bias towards you subconsciously) <<(SP?) You are mid to top championship, not certainties by any stretch of the imagination. I think a couple of additions next year will have you competing certainly but you are going to lose Pickford and Defoe and possible Kone. The rest of your squad are just run of the mills, they wont stand out in the Championship, although they will be comfortable. (Cattermole aside, but he will be injured most of the time) The hardest thing you will find is the tactics, as you are now, you sit back soak up the pressure and try and nick one on the break. We have found that most teams have tried that against us this season, so you will need to break teams down instead of soaking and rushing. I don't see ANY creativity in your team. Add to the fact you will be competing with
Villa = who have a better team than you currently man for man, aside from Defoe, Pickford, Kone and can easily outspend you
Norwich = who are decent, but they have the experience of the championship
Brighton (possibly) who are a very strong team
Huddersfield (possibly) again, for me the current best team in the championship
Leeds (possibly) very decent team, another years experience of challenging, will strengthen
as well as Hull and Middlesbrough (most likely as things stand)
The championship is going to be very tough next year. It is very tough this year, the fact that we find ourselves competing for top spot with two others (although now we do find ourselves a little breathing space) is not because of a failure by us, it is because Brighton and Huddersfield are also very good and can keep pace. It is possible that one of them (or even us) might not make it up (or all three could)
Right now I wouldn't put my money on you coming up (although I think you will be challenging). Without your debt yes, the fact you wont be able to compete financially with quite a few clubs, I think you will find it allot tougher than you think.

In saying that, you are not down yet.. but the weekend just gone is a bit of a kick in the bollocks.

Mannone Darlow - Nowt between them.

Jones/love Yedlin - We've already opted for Jones over Yedlin. We seen how he defends in the Prem.
Oviedo Dummett - Every day of the week
Papy Lascelles - Seen nothing of Lacelles at Prem level to convince me he's any good.
Jos. Clark - JOS every time.

Cattermole Shelvey - Shelvey in the Championship when you don't need to defend, catts everytime in the Prem.
Ndong Diame - NDong easily
Rodwell Colback - Rodwell

????? - Gayle - Will go Gayle as i don't know who the ???? will be
Watmore + Anichebe against Ritchie and Atsu - I'd take the beast and the roadrunner, they have far more impact on a game, although i do like Richie.

So yes, i believe we would have the better side.

You're judging Newcastle players playing against absolute shite every week and even then they don't look that good.

Aye Sunderland are having a bad season, but it's 10 times harder up against Yaya and Aguero then Glenn Murray and Steve Sidwell FFS.

This post will come back and bite you on the Arse and yet you lot say we are delusional ffs. We shall see.

This post will come back and bite you on the Arse and yet you lot say we are delusional ffs. We shall see.

But then could you not say that you're being delusional now thinking that a championship team made up of a lot of players that were relegated the year before, is better than a Prem side?

A lot of your main players have been relegated from the Premiership previously, yet you think they're better than what we have?

Darlow
Lascelles
Clark
Dummet
Colback
Shelvey
Gouffran
Perez
Mitrovic
Diame

Why are they now all of a sudden better players than what we have?

It is the level of opposition at the minute making your players look better than what they've already proven to be in the Prem.

That is my main point.

Also for whoever said Villa currently have a better team man for man than us, FFS come on really????

The difference is confidence and organisation, that is what we have which makes our TEAM better than yours at the moment, Huddersfield would tear you a new one.
Player v player you could make a case (I wouldn't agree with it) that you have better in all positions but as a collective you are shyte and if you don't think so, fair enough but you are. Villa have some very good players and I would match them against you and us, and there in lies the problem of why you might not come straight back up. Villa should easily be competing at the top of the Championship but they struggle, because the club structure is wrong, as is yours, the team is massively lacking confidence as is yours, they had a manager that was inept, you currently do. So yes man for man Villa are a match for you (and us)
If you get of to a flyer if you went down and built the confidence then maybe you would compete, I just can't see it and I think you will struggle, pretty much how Norwich are now, is where I see you next year.

Barring Shelvey, who is talented but unreliable, their team is quite poor. They are however very well drilled. They play their defensive, percentages game plans to perfection as you'd expect from a Benitez time.

They'd beat us as it stands purely for that reason. Not to say our team is good by any means, but Defoe and Pickford are a class above anything they have as individuals. And Ndong is clearly better than Diame, Colback, Hayden or Anita etc.

Thats fair enough, opinions, but personally i'd take Anichebe over Ritchie on the left no problem at all.

I think Watmore has had a bigger impact in the Prem than Atsu on the right and i think he'd be excellent in the championship.

Shelvey is a better footballer than all of our midfield, i'd agree with, but he's got the wrong attitude.

He's had a very good season, because he gets so much time on the ball in that league to pick a pass and Newcastle attack more than they defend.

We've seen last season and the year before, just how shit he can be when his back is against the wall.

Next year however i genuinely believe N'Dong, Rodwell, Gibson/Cattermole would all look excellent players in that division.

People are saying Newcastle players are good, basing them on playing against Championship footballers.

The fact McNair looked like a number 10 and scored 2 in his one game for us at that level, pretty much says all i need to know about the standard of that league.

Bookmarked so I can come back here and laugh at you in 6 months :lol:

The difference is confidence and organisation, that is what we have which makes our TEAM better than yours at the moment, Huddersfield would tear you a new one.
Player v player you could make a case (I wouldn't agree with it) that you have better in all positions but as a collective you are shyte and if you don't think so, fair enough but you are. Villa have some very good players and I would match them against you and us, and there in lies the problem of why you might not come straight back up. Villa should easily be competing at the top of the Championship but they struggle, because the club structure is wrong, as is yours, the team is massively lacking confidence as is yours, they had a manager that was inept, you currently do. So yes man for man Villa are a match for you (and us)
If you get of to a flyer if you went down and built the confidence then maybe you would compete, I just can't see it and I think you will struggle, pretty much how Norwich are now, is where I see you next year.
So why aren't you 20+ points clear of the rest?

Barring Shelvey, who is talented but unreliable, their team is quite poor. They are however very well drilled. They play their defensive, percentages game plans to perfection as you'd expect from a Benitez time.

They'd beat us as it stands purely for that reason. Not to say our team is good by any means, but Defoe and Pickford are a class above anything they have as individuals. And Ndong is clearly better than Diame, Colback, Hayden or Anita etc.

Although I agree with you, I disagree with us being defensive (although we were against Huddersfield) we are the top scorers in the league, we have the most shots in the league, in fact we come out on top on pretty much all stats. But yes I would agree that it is down to being well drilled.

We do have more than Shelvey but I wont argue any case, this current team is not our premier league team anyway, it is the team to get us there.

So why aren't you 20+ points clear of the rest?
Because the league is better than you think.
We are doing very well and we would normally be well clear but Brighton and Huddersfield are ALSO doing very well, we are currently 11 points clear of third place (although I expect them to win their game in hand)

Last edited:

How are Villa's players suddenly very good?

Jedinak, Houirane and that stupid kid with the long blonde hair who looked like he'd won a competition, wouldn't get anywhere near our side?

Their forwards are shite as well and they've spent best part of £50m on them.

Villa are where they are for a reason, they're not very good.

How are Villa's players suddenly very good?

Jedinak, Houirane and that stupid kid with the long blonde hair who looked like he'd won a competition, wouldn't get anywhere near our side?

Their forwards are shite as well and they've spent best part of £50m on them.

Villa are where they are for a reason, they're not very good.

As a collective they are not very good. Pretty much the same as you. Do you think you have a good team? I would take Middlesbroughs over your team (team) give them a Defoe and they would have allot more points than they currently have and they have more than you. So are you better than boro?

Because the league is better than you think.
We are doing very well and we would normally be well clear but Brighton and Huddersfield are ALSO doing very well, we are currently 11 points clear of third place (although I expect them to win their game in hand)
No it isn't. I've watched half a dozen games this season and they all were shite. The standard is very poor. Brighton look abysmal for where they are. For some reason, you've convinced yourself that the football is better than it actually is.

Relegation is bad, it's a disaster in fact as it sets you back a couple of years, you lot know this more than anyone.

However do i think we'll be down there long, no not at all, as long as we keep our core squad.
firstly I'm not them and secondly I am just relieved we'll come straight back up as before I read your posts I was a little bit pessimistic.

No it isn't. I've watched half a dozen games this season and they all were shite. The standard is very poor. Brighton look abysmal for where they are. For some reason, you've convinced yourself that the football is better than it actually is.
I didn't say that the football was good, it's not, although there has been games throughout the season. But there are teams that can keep pace and keep the pressure on, when you go down you will become a scalp and if you think you can just turn up to burton on albian by the sea and walk away with three points you are mistaken, you will find it tough. the standard maybe low but you need to concentrate for the full 90 mins, you need to be organised, it's not a walk in the park you all think it is.

As a collective they are not very good. Pretty much the same as you. Do you think you have a good team? I would take Middlesbroughs over your team (team) give them a Defoe and they would have allot more points than they currently have and they have more than you. So are you better than boro?

I don't think we have a good team, but i do believe that if we ever got our full strength starting X1 out for a run of games, we would not be bottom of the league and possibly even out of the bottom 3.

There has been so much disruption for us this season from losing a manager to having the most injuries in the entire football league, to key players for long periods of time.

I feel like we've had a patched up team out almost every week and only over the next few games does it look like there is a slight chance we can get this starting 11 out on the pitch together (well almost barring Watmore).

When we were close to full strength, we won something like 4 out of 7 and started to get a bit of momentum. That then followed up with two season long injuries and the loss of Anichebe and Kirchoff.

Almost all teams around the bottom half would have struggled with our injuries.

I'm basing it on that why i don't believe we're as bad as the league table makes out. To be comparing us to Villa is f***ing mental!

I don't think we have a good team, but i do believe that if we ever got our full strength starting X1 out for a run of games, we would not be bottom of the league and possibly even out of the bottom 3.

There has been so much disruption for us this season from losing a manager to having the most injuries in the entire football league, to key players for long periods of time.

I feel like we've had a patched up team out almost every week and only over the next few games does it look like there is a slight chance we can get this starting 11 out on the pitch together (well almost barring Watmore).

When we were close to full strength, we won something like 4 out of 7 and started to get a bit of momentum. That then followed up with two season long injuries and the loss of Anichebe and Kirchoff.

Almost all teams around the bottom half would have struggled with our injuries.

I'm basing it on that why i don't believe we're as bad as the league table makes out. To be comparing us to Villa is f***ing mental!

Agree with you on the disruption you have had, I believe had Sam not fucked off you wouldn't be getting relegated. On the Injury front, again I can say yeah, had you not suffered these injuries you might not be where you are now, although even without them I think under the current regime (Moyes) you would be if not bottom, fighting relegation. These same players have been fighting the same relegation for donkeys years, there is a common factor in this, the factor could well be because they are not good enough.
The Aston Villa comparison is a valid one, (maybe not the players v players) you could argue that your players are better than theirs, I wont even argue. But you can not argue that they have better players than those around them, so as a collective they are not very good, you could take Barcelona replace their organisation, confidence and management etc and replace it with well, currently Villas and they would not perform as they do now (ok Barca is the extreme)
It's pointless arguing really as anything could happen from now till the beginning of the new campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back