Huddersfield v Poocastle kick off17:30 sky Sports 1 / Sky Sports 1 HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye he's a strange one this Ziggy. Maybe a troubled childhood - or dropped on his head as a bairn. So much anger....
Its only football mate - get over it.
We have..
Where have you been hiding young'un, thought you'd have been back before now!

i gave up getting upset over football a long time ago Slim.

I had a brilliant childhood compared to others, not perfect by a long way, no dropping on the head I'm aware of and no anger, frustration at certain things yes.

I suffer badly from PTSD and was ashamed of some of the things I'd been involved in but this forum has helped me immensely mate, there's some really good genuine people on here.

I don't have a fake internet persona like others, a spade is a spade and I'm the same on here as I am in person, it upsets certain people but I really couldn't give a fuck mate. What's the worst that can happen?

Whatever Ziggy, saw me first game in 74, 3-2 at home to Coventry, went occasionally till I was 14, then started going regular in 80/81, am sad enough to know every game I've been to, I'll top 1000 next season.

Whatever Ziggy, saw me first game in 74, 3-2 at home to Coventry, went occasionally till I was 14, then started going regular in 80/81, am sad enough to know every game I've been to, I'll top 1000 next season.
Of course you have. You are certainly fuckin sad, there's no denying that fact, appreciate the honesty, always try to be honest it goes along way.

And people tell me the standard of the championship is good?

It's f***ing embarrassing.
Yes it is poor, but do you think our squad when it's decimated at the seasons end will be built up to be as good and as strong in depth as the mags ? I f***ing don't.

They could still compete with Burnley Brighton Watford etc without adding
If Ashley still insists on what has been the transfer policy in most of his seasons there, Benitez, having got them up as champions, could easily walk leaving in a high. That would see them struggle.
However, if Ashley backs him, they could finish 15th to 11th.
I still think he might walk after the January window fiasco.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it is poor, but do you think our squad when it's decimated at the seasons end will be built up to be as good and as strong in depth as the mags ? I f***ing don't.

If Ashley still insists on what has been the transfer policy in most of his seasons there, Benitez, having got them up as champions, could easily walk leaving in a high. That would see them struggle.
However, if Ashley backs him, they could finish 15th to 11th.
I still think he might walk after the January window fiasco.

I think it'll be stronger if I'm being honest.

I can only see Pickford, Defoe, kone and borini leaving. 3 or 4 decent additions to our current crop would easily be enough to get out of that league.

Mannone

Jones/love
Oviedo
Papy
Jos

Cattermole/gibson
Ndong
Rodwell

Anichebe
Watmore
?????

That would dick on Newcastle's current team, it's awful.

I can only see Pickford, Defoe, kone and borini leaving. 3 or 4 decent additions to our current crop would easily be enough to get out of that league.

Mannone

Jones/love
Oviedo
Papy
Jos

Cattermole/gibson
Ndong
Rodwell

Anichebe
Watmore
?????

Need to get the management right as well though. Although I wouldn't take many of their current side, management and organisation are as important as the individuals. The standard in the championship isn't great but they've won 13 away games, more than anyone across the top four leagues. I watched about 70 mins against Huddersfield and they were set up perfectly. I think the current bottom seven from the Prem would do well to match that record against similar opposition. There's not much quality in Burnley's eleven man for man but they've got their home form/tactics sorted and will stay up comfortably this year.

Mannone Darlow

Jones/love Yedlin
Oviedo Clarke
Papy Lascelles
Jos. Dummet

Cattermole Shelvey
Ndong Diame
Rodwell Richie

Anichebe Gayle
Watmore Perez
????? Atsu

Behave man

Behave man

Mannone Darlow - Nowt between them.

Jones/love Yedlin - We've already opted for Jones over Yedlin. We seen how he defends in the Prem.
Oviedo Dummett - Every day of the week
Papy Lascelles - Seen nothing of Lacelles at Prem level to convince me he's any good.
Jos. Clark - JOS every time.

Cattermole Shelvey - Shelvey in the Championship when you don't need to defend, catts everytime in the Prem.
Ndong Diame - NDong easily
Rodwell Colback - Rodwell

????? - Gayle - Will go Gayle as i don't know who the ???? will be
Watmore + Anichebe against Ritchie and Atsu - I'd take the beast and the roadrunner, they have far more impact on a game, although i do like Richie.

So yes, i believe we would have the better side.

You're judging Newcastle players playing against absolute shite every week and even then they don't look that good.

Aye Sunderland are having a bad season, but it's 10 times harder up against Yaya and Aguero then Glenn Murray and Steve Sidwell FFS.

Mannone

Jones/love
Oviedo
Papy
Jos

Cattermole/gibson
Ndong
Rodwell

Anichebe
Watmore
?????

You cant honestly believe that:lol:

Add to the fact theres 2 out of contract players in there its not a bad post:lol:

Jones/love Yedlin - We've already opted for Jones over Yedlin. We seen how he defends in the Prem.
Papy Lascelles - Seen nothing of Lacelles at Prem level to convince me he's any good.

Cattermole Shelvey - Shelvey in the Championship when you don't need to defend, catts everytime in the Prem.

Watmore + Anichebe against Ritchie and Atsu - I'd take the beast and the roadrunner, they have far more impact on a game, although i do like Richie.

You're judging Newcastle players playing against absolute shite every week and even then they don't look that good.

Aye Sunderland are having a bad season, but it's 10 times harder up against Yaya and Aguero then Glenn Murray and Steve Sidwell FFS.

Mate, even as a Lads fan, I need to ask you take the rose tinted specs off. Our team is gash.

Darlow is better than Mannone.

The defenses are pretty comparible.

Their midfield is better than ours and bar Defoe, they are ever so slightly better than us.

Defoe is head and shoulders above anybody in their entire squad though.

Mate, even as a Lads fan, I need to ask you take the rose tinted specs off. Our team is gash.

Darlow is better than Mannone.

The defenses are pretty comparible.

Their midfield is better than ours and bar Defoe, they are ever so slightly better than us.

Defoe is head and shoulders above anybody in their entire squad though.

Their midfield has Colback in, he is not better than any of those listed above.

I'm not even going to argue, i've watched them enough this season to see their team isn't very good and it's helped massively by the poor standard of the Championship.

Yes we look poor, but the level of the opposition is far far superior.

The side that played yesterday, would get promoted out of the Championship, no problem. We were unlucky not to be a goal up at half time against one of the best sides in Europe.

Play to the whistle obviously but a handball by Shelvey in the build up to the Ritchie incident.

You reckon Hudds will go up via the playoffs or automatic?

Ball to hand for Shelvey, and both teams got a soft pen. It's about time we got one though. If you do go down you'll see how poor the officiating is in the Championship.

Huddersfield are only 6pts off Brighton, with a game in hand. After Rotherham, Brighton have two tricky fixtures against Derby and Leeds. Huddersfield have a run of 3 very winnable games against Aston Villa, Blackburn and Brentford. I could definitely see the Yorkshire team catching up with Brighton.

I'm pretty confident Huddersfield will go up either way, and if Brighton do have a wobble I could see them dropping into the Play Off spots, then getting done over by Shef Wed, Leeds or Reading. There's a mental fragility there, and they'll still be haunted by the last couple of failures.

Mannone

Jones/love
Oviedo
Papy
Jos

Cattermole/gibson
Ndong
Rodwell

Anichebe
Watmore
?????

That's a disgusting team that. That team is walking no league at all

Mannone

Jones/love
Oviedo
Papy
Jos

Cattermole/gibson
Ndong
Rodwell

Anichebe
Watmore
?????

Lordy lordy :lol:

Grandad JOS, three crocks and only Watmore for pace. Ndong would be away surely.

Their midfield has Colback in, he is not better than any of those listed above.

I'm not even going to argue, i've watched them enough this season to see their team isn't very good and it's helped massively by the poor standard of the Championship.

Yes we look poor, but the level of the opposition is far far superior.

The side that played yesterday, would get promoted out of the Championship, no problem. We were unlucky not to be a goal up at half time against one of the best sides in Europe.

You highlight one player.

Alternatively, I'd have Ritchie, Atsu and The racist uncle fester ahead of our midfield.

You highlight one player.

Alternatively, I'd have Ritchie, Atsu and The racist uncle fester ahead of our midfield.

Thats fair enough, opinions, but personally i'd take Anichebe over Ritchie on the left no problem at all.

I think Watmore has had a bigger impact in the Prem than Atsu on the right and i think he'd be excellent in the championship.

Shelvey is a better footballer than all of our midfield, i'd agree with, but he's got the wrong attitude.

He's had a very good season, because he gets so much time on the ball in that league to pick a pass and Newcastle attack more than they defend.

We've seen last season and the year before, just how shit he can be when his back is against the wall.

Next year however i genuinely believe N'Dong, Rodwell, Gibson/Cattermole would all look excellent players in that division.

People are saying Newcastle players are good, basing them on playing against Championship footballers.

The fact McNair looked like a number 10 and scored 2 in his one game for us at that level, pretty much says all i need to know about the standard of that league.

Thats fair enough, opinions, but personally i'd take Anichebe over Ritchie on the left no problem at all.

I think Watmore has had a bigger impact in the Prem than Atsu on the right and i think he'd be excellent in the championship.

Shelvey is a better footballer than all of our midfield, i'd agree with, but he's got the wrong attitude.

He's had a very good season, because he gets so much time on the ball in that league to pick a pass and Newcastle attack more than they defend.

We've seen last season and the year before, just how shit he can be when his back is against the wall.

Next year however i genuinely believe N'Dong, Rodwell, Gibson/Cattermole would all look excellent players in that division.

People are saying Newcastle players are good, basing them on playing against Championship footballers.

The fact McNair looked like a number 10 and scored 2 in his one game for us at that level, pretty much says all i need to know about the standard of that league.

I think Atsu has more skill and end product than Whatmore. Don't rate him at all.

That have similar pace and that's it.

PAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...................HAHA,HE,HE...........CHERTLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back