Huawei mobile phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is not really anything to do with apple. This could be huge for all US manufacturers if China spit their dummy out.

But it’ll become severely limited. Will it be worth it?

How will it be limited? Bound to be a hack or something, stuff them just on general pronciple now I'll stick with Huawei on my next phone too

Think Trump might have bit off more than he can chew on this one.

Last edited:
How will it be limited? Bound to be a hack or something, stuff them just on general pronciple now I'll stick with Huawei on my next phone too

Have a read of this:

Huawei blockade: do I need to stop using my Android phone?

High level though, look a wha used to be available in custom roms, bare bones AOSP roms, so you had to side load google services, updates etc.. just a step backward for end user experience really. It’ll be a huge blow.

You’ll be relying on Huawei to supply security updates after google has already made them available themselves. Couldn’t be arsed with the messing about anymore tbh.

The likes of OnePlus and Samsung will be loving this decision! It’ll do wonders for their sales.

Plus, shit sticks, all of this bad press will be planting seeds of doubt in users’ heads.

Have a read of this:

High level though, look a wha used to be available in custom roms, bare bones AOSP roms, so you had to side load google services, updates etc.. just a step backward for end user experience really. It’ll be a huge blow.

You’ll be relying on Huawei to supply security updates after google has already made them available themselves. Couldn’t be arsed with the messing about anymore tbh.

The likes of OnePlus and Samsung will be loving this decision! It’ll do wonders for their sales.

Plus, shit sticks, all of this bad press will be planting seeds of doubt in users’ heads.

My Samsung was a complete heap of shite compared to my Huawei, I'll stick with performance, hopefully the price comes down too :)

Anyhow my current Huawei should do me for a few years more

I think I'll deactivate my subscription to Google drive now, cannot support them after this.

Last edited:
Have a read of this:

Samsung share price gone from 41k to 42k...just 2.4%. i would have expected more.

Jason

Have you not got it set to portrait mode there? Shouldn’t get any blur on recent phones with a quick point and shoot on normal settings.

No its set on photo mode not potrait and it just makes its own settings up.

I've been working on front of store chillers with bottles of pop in. It took a nice crisp picture of the first bay with colas and energy drinks. Then I stepped a couple of foot side ways for the bay with fruit drinks in. Never changed anything on the camera. For some reason it's focused in on the purple bottles on the middle shelf and blurred the orange bottles on the shelf below.

I've been working on front of store chillers with bottles of pop in. It took a nice crisp picture of the first bay with colas and energy drinks. Then I stepped a couple of foot side ways for the bay with fruit drinks in. Never changed anything on the camera. For some reason it's focused in on the purple bottles on the middle shelf and blurred the orange bottles on the shelf below.

Aye it’s mistakingly setting a portrait mode (bokeh effect) that will blur the background and give focus to an object in the foreground.

Aye it’s mistakingly setting a portrait mode (bokeh effect) that will blur the background and give focus to an object in the foreground.

Do you know how to stop it doing that by any chance?

Try turning off Master AI setting in the camera settings.

That's responsible for most of the auto photo modes/effects.

Gonna have to take it off auto mode and stick to the mode you use most often. This is a prime example of them trying to be too clever.

Try this

Huawei P20 Pro Disable the camera's Master AI – Tip
Beat me to it :p

I've got an Honor 9, which is their sister (cheaper) brand.

I upgraded from a OnePlus 3, and I'm very happy with it. For £250, I can't imagine I could have got a better phone at the time.
I have the Honor View 20, cracking phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back