How much would you sell your dog for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here, she was jumping about as normal (a fit 11 year old Rottweiler) in the morning and she never came back from the vets as she had a tumour on her leg.

Ours had cluster fits for several years and they ended up only 3 weeks apart.
Her quality of life was diminishing so it wasn't fair to carry on. :cry::cry::cry:

2 dogs here and would sell the pair for 20k. People saying they're like kids and that must live on another planet to me. Yes I love my dogs but not even close to the same level as my kids. Sell them for 20k buy another one for a few hundred and in a few weeks life's just back to normal albeit with another dog.

2 dogs here and would sell the pair for 20k. People saying they're like kids and that must live on another planet to me. Yes I love my dogs but not even close to the same level as my kids. Sell them for 20k buy another one for a few hundred and in a few weeks life's just back to normal albeit with another dog.

Once they have had a great fortnight in Florida or a new car they would shut up.

We only got our dog in October and I would not consider selling him. He was a rescue dog and had come from a problem family. The dog is fine but there were clear signs of neglect.

Now he is an important part of the family, and always by somebodies side. The kids adore him and I think really he is my daughter's dog. Moving him on to another family would not be fair on him, but I don't think my daughter would ever get over it. "Daddy sold my dog so he could pay off the mortgage, be sure of retiring at 60 when he then got another dog and spent all his time out walking it".

Besides, yesterday I walked the kids to school before heading to work, leaving the wife working from home with the dog. He howled after we went and even though she give him a cuddle it took a while for him to calm down. After about 20 minutes he started again and eventually curled up under her desk. How could you get rid of a dog like that?
Good for you and your family to rescue the little chap. Your children will learn one of the marvelous lessons of life and will grow up as very caring people. What more could a parent ask?

Absolutely priceless, I paid 5k to ship him over here when I moved over if it had cost 25k id have paid it. He has been my constant all his life and no amount of money would make me part with him

Anyone who would sell obviously doesn't think highly enough of their dog......a dog isn't just some posession

If someone came along and offered you 10k for your dog would you sell it.

proviso that it is off to a decent loving home
My Twatterdale terrier is a rescue dog. Paid 60 quid for him. A week later was offered 400 I was tempted but loved him already

Anyone who would sell obviously doesn't think highly enough of their dog......a dog isn't just some posession
I understand where you're coming from but I don't think that's really fair that tbh, £10k could mean a lot to the quality of some people's lives.

You spent £5k to ship your dog to your new home, and would have spent a lot more if required. There are many people who couldn't get £5k to save their lives of there was a gun pointed at their head.

I understand where you're coming from but I don't think that's really fair that tbh, £10k could mean a lot to the quality of some people's lives.

You spent £5k to ship your dog to your new home, and would have spent a lot more if required. There are many people who couldn't get £5k to save their lives of there was a gun pointed at their head.

I get that and do understand to a point but as I said a dog is not just some commodity, to me hes a member of my family and if I ever had to give him to someone else id always be wondering

are they feeding him like I did, is he happy, are they walking him and treating him well, where is he sleeping etc etc and that would knock me sick the thought of him not having the same life he did with me

Im just a big dog lover and having worked voluntarily back in the UK with rescue and welfare societies I see how dogs are just easily cast aside by owners for the most stupid and trivial reasons...its truly heartbreaking man to see it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back