How much would you sell your dog for?

Yep or don't like hair/drool/snoring/smell/grown too big from a puppy/chewed shoes etc etc

The poor dogs just end up cast out because some absolute shitstain of a human being has decided they cant be bothered anymore. Working with the welfare society made me despise humans even more seeing some of the states of the poor dogs I got to work with. The plus side was seeing how happy they were after being rehomed and rehabilitated though

You have my utmost respect, mate. Anyone looking out for these amazing companions is a star. It’s great to see the flip side of the coin, people caring for them enough to make a difference.
I feel sorry for anyone who can’t appreciate the companionship a dog offers, and like you, I despise anyone who wilfully neglects, tortures or throws them away like trash.

I’m not hankering over another bit miss Kira like mad.

Especially when my 2 year old daughter just blurts out, where’s Kira or I love Kira, or is that Kira in the sky.

Remember losing Joe my loyal black Lab.
The same night I lost him was in Tesco’s carpark when a land rover pulled next to my car and a black lab was in the back.
Tears streaming down my face, the farmer driving looked at me and I told him.
He hugged me and told me two things that I am going to say to you. (Always stuck with me).
The first is you will put that dog on a pedestal and no other dog will replace the one that you have just lost. It’s the grieving process and time is the healer. Another dog will be loved the same, albeit will have another personality just like having two kids.
The second, a dog needs an owner like you and deserves a wonderful life.
At the right time I hope your Daughter finds another dog and an owner like you.

The same night I lost him was in Tesco’s carpark when a land rover pulled next to my car and a black lab was in the back.
He hugged me and told me two things that I am going to say to you. (Always stuck with me).
The first is you will put that dog on a pedestal and no other dog will replace the one that you have just lost. It’s the grieving process and time is the healer. Another dog will be loved the same, albeit will have another personality just like having two kids.
Fuck off man. I’ll be crying in a minute.

no I love my dogs but most things in life have aprice... certainly do for me.. a substantial amount of cash can make everones life easier.

wouldnt be easy thing to do but ....

I reckon 100K would tempt me. £150k you can have the pair.

you could get a new one to adore.. and giove 20k to an anaimla charity so lots of dogs could be adored
You could go and buy another couple and still be quids in

He is.

How could I sell him when he's loved as much as this?! I absolutely love this photo :D

Logon or register to see this image
I prefer dogs to kids

Fuck's sake, it's dusty in here.

I bet he waited till you had gone before he went into the shop. You might have gone home with a replacement otherwise

I understand where you're coming from but I don't think that's really fair that tbh, £10k could mean a lot to the quality of some people's lives.

You spent £5k to ship your dog to your new home, and would have spent a lot more if required. There are many people who couldn't get £5k to save their lives of there was a gun pointed at their head.

That was not the tone of the question or the answer given.

No dog owner is saying they despise the poor.
Obviously there are situations that are more vulnerable but I believe the tone of the question was more in the style of "all things being equal and comfortable" would you sell your dog.
Not, are you so poor you'd sell your dog to provide a better life for your children.

Honestly mate. I didn’t want another one, I didn’t want that final chapter again.
Those words came back and they are so so right.
Best thing I did getting another.
Ha, I can imagine. I’ve got enough keeping me busy at the minute.

We will in the next 12 / 18 months or so.

Not another Rottweiler as Kira was genuinely a one off in my opinion. She was a great dog but my best memory was every Christmas Day, when everyone had left and the house had started to chill out I’d get wrapped up and take her for a walk. Cold, dark, silent, full tummy and a bottle in my hand with one on my pocket on my way round Silksworth Lake. Absolute bliss that could be experienced any other time of the year.

That was not the tone of the question or the answer given.

No dog owner is saying they despise the poor.
Obviously there are situations that are more vulnerable but I believe the tone of the question was more in the style of "all things being equal and comfortable" would you sell your dog.
Not, are you so poor you'd sell your dog to provide a better life for your children.

Get off your high horse. I wasn't replying to the OP, I was replying to the poster I quoted. My reply fit the post in question.

If it was going to a really good home, probably a grand.

There's so many others in shelters I could just go and rehome another and have some much needed cash too.

I don't currently have a dog mind.

No way Hosea, a dog is for life and not for monetary exchange:( A family member and you look after family or should.:evil: We should give same love and affection back to our pets the same as the unconditional love and affection they give us.:lol:

Anything else is a cop out..............:eek:

Last edited:

Back