How many think this house would be idyllic and how many think the opposite.

The fixer upper is what you want to go for, you can really put your own stamp on a property that you've had back to the bare bones. Plus you'll probably make a profit when you sell
I would but the wife justs wants somewhere to walk in and do nowt. Shame, coz theres some canny houses around but every one we look at has some updating needed. An exta 30k on the ones we like most. Good one in Killingworth drive but has astroturf in front garden. Howay man. Fancy Ryton so we can goto the Wylam and Big Lamp breweries.

Last edited:
This. Takeaways matter.

Bit remote for me. I bet the rain comes in sideways. I'd give it a miss for location reasons, though the house looks okay.

Mrs K wants somewhere remote in Scotland, and I see why, but I'd miss being able to easily get to a pub or something - and back!
I'm sure we'll find a happy medium when we come to move up there

Just drive to the boozer and back up there.

Not a chance. They've got even stricter laws about alcohol and cars than England have. England should adopt them to be fair.
Granted the arse end of the highlands you probably won't see anyone coming back, but it's not worth the risk

Not a chance. They've got even stricter laws about alcohol and cars than England have. England should adopt them to be fair.
Granted the arse end of the highlands you probably won't see anyone coming back, but it's not worth the risk
It’ll be fine. Hamish MacBeth has bigger salmon to fry; sometimes literally.

Would it be split on age or personality type?

It`s a yes from me but what`s the catch? Is it in direct route of a fast descending glacier or something??
Heaven for me. Mrs Kaplan would want a chemist, dentist, medical centre, bakery, butcher, hairdresser, mini-mart, filling station, post office, clothes shop, library and newsagent within walking distance.

This is why I’m very systematically and slowly boring her to death. Then I’m off. You’ll see.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Would end up going mental if I lived there. Be like The Shining.
Nice for walks but for how long ?
where's the doctors ? community centres? pick up point for Saga hols ?

Fire brigade and ambulance will be a day away.
Probably get snowed in for weeks on end.
Crap

Back