How many think this house would be idyllic and how many think the opposite.

Currently looking for a 3 bedroom detached with garden and space for car under 250k. Very nice, but probably end up with a new build lego house in Sunderland for that.....or a nice house that someone has died
In and hasn't had a new carpet/kitchen/bathroom since 1989.
The fixer upper is what you want to go for, you can really put your own stamp on a property that you've had back to the bare bones. Plus you'll probably make a profit when you sell

I suspect Just Eat don't deliver there!

To be fair that now qualifies as off grid.
Looks a lovely spot but not practical for anyone who likes any kind of social life. It's a no from me.

That's the dilemma as a first home. I love the idea of it but nipping out for a few beers in Durham or watching the cricket down at the Emirates, and really a million other things probably means the attraction would wear off after a few weeks.

Last edited:
I suspect Just Eat don't deliver there!

you'd be surprised at the lengths some places will go to do a delivery

;)

I had a knock on the door the other day asking how to get to the local caravan park - gave them directions (about a mile away) - had a look at the delivery note - no name on it, all it said was Witton Castle Caravan Park

good luck tracking down the punter who ordered it

you'd be surprised at the lengths some places will go to do a delivery

;)

I had a knock on the door the other day asking how to get to the local caravan park - gave them directions (about a mile away) - had a look at the delivery note - no name on it, all it said was Witton Castle Caravan Park

good luck tracking down the punter who ordered it

The likes of Tesco's deliver all over the highlands.

That whole west coast stretch up to Durness and beyond is stunning.

Back