How many razor blades give the best shave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just ordered 100 blades. Should do me for the next couple of years.
They keep forever anyway.

I've had a beard for the last six months, but still have almost a full 100 blades waiting for when it comes off. May buy another hundred as a pre-Brexit hedge, as they are cheap enough.

They keep forever anyway.

I've had a beard for the last six months, but still have almost a full 100 blades waiting for when it comes off. May buy another hundred as a pre-Brexit hedge, as they are cheap enough.
I've missed a trick. Mine were ordered from Australia, I should have held out for a post Brexit Antipodean trade deal.

One, attached to a 'proper' razor.

I tried using an old fashioned single blade a few years back to see if it would sort out my skin & it was a revelation.

Mercur 34c takes a single blade, so 1 is the right answer
Snap; though mine is a 38c

Been on Murkurs for about 10 years now, bought 100 blades with the razor back then, and I'm now about half way through my second pack of 100. So 150 blades at about 15p per blade is a hell of an investment. Plus the Murkur itself will last until well after the worms are defaulting my face for me!

Oh and if anyone can find the post by @Streaker where he reviews his new blades after 1 use, then its a welcome addition to this thread. RIP Jim mate.

stopped using my merkur at the moment... mainly cos I need new blades but I've been using these unknown brand ones with 2 baldes from home bargains..

they are orange and you get 5 in a pack for about a quid. They have worked a treat

Serious question. Do people who shave their balls continue to use the same razor on their face? Or do they use an old used one that was used for shaving the face. or is there a separate 'balls only shaver' kept to one side of the bath?

Serious question. Do people who shave their balls continue to use the same razor on their face? Or do they use an old used one that was used for shaving the face. or is there a separate 'balls only shaver' kept to one side of the bath?
depends. our lass (no) always has a few around the bath.........

I've just took the plunge... do you get all the pre and post gel?
same, waiting for mine to arrive. will post a review once arrived and used.

my cornerstone is due to arrive today. how many shaves can you get out of one blade? and did you get the shave gel or shave cream? my skin is sensitive as fuck (so please don't call it names) so i went for the cream.

I normally get 3 or 4 shaves out of a blade but I only shave 3 times a week maximum so I'm never short. If I'm going out or something I'll stick a new one in. The blades are as good if not better than your 4/5 blades ones but for me it's mainly just about not having to use the same blunt blade for weeks on end because I forgot to get new ones! One less thing time think about

I never bothered with the gel, just use gilette foam as my skin is like a right tart as well and its always worked for me.

One is brutal, two ok, triple blade seemed to give me a rash........

So got a freebie "Fusion" 5 blade bad boy in Mens Health magazine and feck me it is awesome.....Problem is, 4 replacement blades are £16. Worryingly the shave is that good am going to pay it.

Question is, is there an optimum number, will it be even better with 6 or 7 blades?
I only have to shave once a week and even that is to make me feel more of a man!! I am using a 2 blade and I end up with more shaving cuts than f***ing hair! I fond the one with 3 blades usually works cany until the wife gets hold of it

No way I'm using a safety razor on the lads, got a Fusion thing with the grooming clipper on the handle as well for my manscaping needs

Feather blades shred my face. I find Shark much more comfortable and just as close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back