How many razor blades give the best shave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bagpuss

One is brutal, two ok, triple blade seemed to give me a rash........

So got a freebie "Fusion" 5 blade bad boy in Mens Health magazine and feck me it is awesome.....Problem is, 4 replacement blades are £16. Worryingly the shave is that good am going to pay it.

Question is, is there an optimum number, will it be even better with 6 or 7 blades?

So got a freebie "Fusion" 5 blade bad boy in Mens Health magazine and feck me it is awesome.....Problem is, 4 replacement blades are £16. Worryingly the shave is that good am going to pay it.

Question is, is there an optimum number, will it be even better with 6 or 7 blades?
I've just reverted to one, you're right it's brutal!
But dirt cheap!

So is it £20 to fully replace it? Other wise your 5 blade bad boy is 1 blade short.

Mach 3 for me. Always invest in decent shaving gel like. Sometimes finish it off with an electric shaver for smooth as fuck.

It's got nothing to do with the number of blades. It's just that razor manufacturers now deliberately use shit blades in their disposables; it's like they've been pre-blunted. Blue-II used to be a decent razor, even BIC single blades were good but now they are shit. It's almost as if they're trying to steer you towards their premium products.

There was a lad on here a couple of years back who shared a tip on how to prolong the life of a blade; it involved pushing the blade backwards across the hairs on your arm. He got a fair bit of ribbing but it actually works.

There was a lad on here a couple of years back who shared a tip on how to prolong the life of a blade; it involved pushing the blade backwards across the hairs on your arm. He got a fair bit of ribbing but it actually works.

That Video has been on the youtubes for years... seriously, they need to invent a face gel men of man can just slap on then wash off instead of all this face scrapping, do away with all the prep washing, hot towels etc etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back