How many razor blades give the best shave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proper safety razor with a feather blade. The key is to use the brush to prepare ya facial hair. Cheap as chips and infinitely better than f***ing about with mach 3s etc.

Just took delivery of a Edwin Jagger DE89L after reading some cracking reviews. Bit soap and brush action and 20 mins later I'm smooth as a babies Arse! And, only lost a couple of drops of blood! :lol:

Just took delivery of a Edwin Jagger DE89L after reading some cracking reviews. Bit soap and brush action and 20 mins later I'm smooth as a babies Arse! And, only lost a couple of drops of blood! :lol:
It gets better with a bit of practice. I quite enjoy shaving now, never used to.

One is brutal, two ok, triple blade seemed to give me a rash........

So got a freebie "Fusion" 5 blade bad boy in Mens Health magazine and feck me it is awesome.....Problem is, 4 replacement blades are £16. Worryingly the shave is that good am going to pay it.

Question is, is there an optimum number, will it be even better with 6 or 7 blades?

depends if shes been deeing her hairy letter box with it first, she always knacks me blades....

www.cornerstone.co.uk

Thank me later.

It was @girojim iirc that told me about this site

Cheers fella, just arrived, nice box, nice packaging, got a £10 discount on first order so paid just £4 for chrome handled razor (initials engraved on it) with 6 blades, feels like a genuinely top end product

Also got two cards in there so if get two friends/family to sign up they get £10 discount each and another £10 gets credited to my account which will mean my next 6 blades Given how cheap the initial order is (£4) then its mad not to buy it. After that blades are £14 for 6 (cheaper than other 5 blade options) and obviously got initial £20 credit too.

Genuine bargain :)

I use Clarins shave cream, go over with s Phillips wet or dry (wet). Finish off with fusion. God close shave and six weeks out of a fusion blade.

Cheers fella, just arrived, nice box, nice packaging, got a £10 discount on first order so paid just £4 for chrome handled razor (initials engraved on it) with 6 blades, feels like a genuinely top end product

Also got two cards in there so if get two friends/family to sign up they get £10 discount each and another £10 gets credited to my account which will mean my next 6 blades Given how cheap the initial order is (£4) then its mad not to buy it. After that blades are £14 for 6 (cheaper than other 5 blade options) and obviously got initial £20 credit too.

Genuine bargain :)
How long did you wait fella? Ordered mine last Friday but got nothing yet.

Got an email from them saying they were running behind as they were on a bbc show last week with that boro lass Stephen McGowan. They were rated top shave by them and orders went off the scale,so hopefully wait will be worth it

Been using the Bearded Colonel for last year or so. Decent but have just put their prices up. Shave Kit 5 blade razor arrived this morning. Haven't used it yet but it looks very good quality indeed.
Well, one week on and very happy indeed. I used Bearded Colonel for over a year( same blades as Cornerstone by the look of them) and the Shave kit blade is a significant improvement and cheaper too. Win win!

How long did you wait fella? Ordered mine last Friday but got nothing yet.

Got an email from them saying they were running behind as they were on a bbc show last week with that boro lass Stephen McGowan. They were rated top shave by them and orders went off the scale,so hopefully wait will be worth it

Ordered March 7th and arrived this morning.....Got an email at every stage from initial welcome to "its in the post" to "tracking number" to "its been delivered.

Fantastic service and a lush looking product, more than I was expecting if I am honest.

Ordered March 7th and arrived this morning.....Got an email at every stage from initial welcome to "its in the post" to "tracking number" to "its been delivered.

Fantastic service and a lush looking product, more than I was expecting if I am honest.
Literally just had an email saying they've posted it so hopefully a couple of days

FAO Cornerstone users. So my kit arrived, massive fan of the pre shave scrub, the shave cream (using a brush) and the post shave balm. However, the razor is shit. Arguably the worst i've ever used. It just doesn't shave close at all. The only way i can get a close shave is by going against the grain. Has anyone else found this? I've used gillete fusion/fusion pro shield, wilkinson sword hydro and also my braun series 3 wet and dry electric shaver. all three have given closer shaves. I've even tried switching the blade to see if it was a dud but it was just the same. Is there a technique i'm missing or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back