How many razor blades give the best shave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

One is brutal, two ok, triple blade seemed to give me a rash........

So got a freebie "Fusion" 5 blade bad boy in Mens Health magazine and feck me it is awesome.....Problem is, 4 replacement blades are £16. Worryingly the shave is that good am going to pay it.

Question is, is there an optimum number, will it be even better with 6 or 7 blades?

Mach 3 is the only option.

It's got nothing to do with the number of blades. It's just that razor manufacturers now deliberately use shit blades in their disposables; it's like they've been pre-blunted. Blue-II used to be a decent razor, even BIC single blades were good but now they are shit. It's almost as if they're trying to steer you towards their premium products.

Have you also noticed how the latest premium model, brilliant at first, then seems to mysteriously deteriorate until... whoooah.... a new model is launched

1 blade, in a Muhle R89 safety razor. Use Blackbeards Revenge shaving cream and once finished a rub round with an Alum Block.

PM me if anyone has a cornerstone account so you can refer me and we'll both get £10 each @girojim @mcq10

From website

Shave for free

Refer a friend to Cornerstone and we’ll give you both £10 to spend on our shaving supplies as a thank you.

Once you’ve joined as a member, simply login to 'My Account' to get your unique referral link. Refer enough friends and soon you'll be shaving for free!

inbox cleared @girojim

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a cut thorat razor, only takes a single blade. Use shaving Gel. Closest shave I've ever had

Been using the Bearded Colonel for last year or so. Decent but have just put their prices up. Shave Kit 5 blade razor arrived this morning. Haven't used it yet but it looks very good quality indeed.

Have you also noticed how the latest premium model, brilliant at first, then seems to mysteriously deteriorate until... whoooah.... a new model is launched

All of these years adding an extra blade and endless other crap to convince us that the latest model is best and now back to one blade again.

Not be long before they're conning the mugs into ever greater numbers again

All of these years adding an extra blade and endless other crap to convince us that the latest model is best and now back to one blade again.

Not be long before they're conning the mugs into ever greater numbers again

It's only a matter of time til someone, van Goch-esque and high on Absinthe, loses an ear or a part of their nose when some barmpot invents a Sweeney Todd cut throat-a-matic....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back