How long will the US last?

You might want to take a look at Twitter, Reddit or some forums based in the US. It's mostly an American thing.
You're right. It all stems from there but what happens in the US usually catches on over here eventually. We tend to emulate our American kin in all sorts of social aspects. Cult of celebrity - black slang/rapper stuff etc.

All humanity will disappear within the next century, not just America.
I'd agree entirely if that post started with the word "Almost"

Social media has a hell of a lot to answer for.

Millennials on the whole don’t read newspapers anymore, so journalism has evolved and become sensationalist click bait in order to attract readers to their site.

That’s how you have people like Trump. He gives the media the what they want and gets tons of free exposure for it.
It is also why we have Brexit.

I'd agree entirely if that post started with the word "Almost"
Agreed. I made the assumption people would realise that themselves.

You're right. It all stems from there but what happens in the US usually catches on over here eventually. We tend to emulate our American kin in all sorts of social aspects. Cult of celebrity - black slang/rapper stuff etc.
That's another reason why it worries me. But some of the things never do come over. Guns and banning evolution. Not in any meaningful way anyway.

Agreed. I made the assumption people would realise that themselves.

That's another reason why it worries me. But some of the things never do come over. Guns and banning evolution. Not in any meaningful way anyway.
Yeah. We're far too British to take on those fundamentalist aspects. England/Britain was built on compromise.

So why f***ing comment on a thread about it dum dum?
Get a life? I have family over there you f***ing muppet, it's part of my life.
So go and join them you boring twat, starting a thread about as long as war and peace on a sunderland based forum. Fuck the yanks, fat f***ing loonies in my opinion.

So go and join them you boring twat, starting a thread about as long as war and peace on a sunderland based forum. Fuck the yanks, fat f***ing loonies in my opinion.
Do long sentences give you nosebleeds hun?
You're new, so I'll give you a tip: The SMB sub-forum is about any subject, not just Sunderland.
Best stick to threads about how you like your bacon cooked instead... Bacon in Sunderland I mean.

Social media has a hell of a lot to answer for.

Millennials on the whole don’t read newspapers anymore, so journalism has evolved and become sensationalist click bait in order to attract readers to their site.

That’s how you have people like Trump. He gives the media the what they want and gets tons of free exposure for it.
Its directly responsible for all the Snowflake v Gammon catcalling.

Simplification of the facts and sensationalist spin equals polarisation of opinions and a lot of squabbling.

Over the last say 7 years I've seen the word lefty or liberal take on a new meaning that has little or nothing to do with any of the political or ideological roots of the terms in the US. They have become far more generalised terms that are used in everyday speech and almost every argument, regardless of topic. It's almost used in place of the word "softy" which in itself has little meaning in many discussions.

They always think a person fits perfectly into one box or another too. Completely failing to understand that a person has 1000's of ideas about the world and society and they don't all align the same way.

I think it goes hand-in-hand with the very distorted view that young adults have of the world these days over there. It's becoming extremely toxic and very marginalised. If margins don't exist, they make new ones to divide the population and cause further fights.

Honestly, they are in many ways a 3rd world country on the societal development scale. They still hang on to guns, still fight against evolution in schools fss.. We (Europeans) grew out of that 100's of years ago.

They think they are a bastion for racial harmony, yet they have the worst racism fueled crimes in the Western World. Their own police force that is supposed to protect them has a shoot first policy and kills a huge amount of people.

They consider themselves the pinnacle of medical health care, yet have the most unhealthy people in the Western world and are 37th in the world health league table, behind some 2nd and 3rd world countries.

A lot of them live thier lives as if they are in a reality program and project an image of themselves that is completely false.

It's only a matter of time until they implode and very few of them even notice, care or see it coming.
All empires have a limited lifespan. Egypt, Rome, Britain. Eventually they implode.

America just can't see they are in their death throes.

All hail our new Chinese overlords!

Over the last say 7 years I've seen the word lefty or liberal take on a new meaning that has little or nothing to do with any of the political or ideological roots of the terms in the US. They have become far more generalised terms that are used in everyday speech and almost every argument, regardless of topic. It's almost used in place of the word "softy" which in itself has little meaning in many discussions.

They always think a person fits perfectly into one box or another too. Completely failing to understand that a person has 1000's of ideas about the world and society and they don't all align the same way.

I think it goes hand-in-hand with the very distorted view that young adults have of the world these days over there. It's becoming extremely toxic and very marginalised. If margins don't exist, they make new ones to divide the population and cause further fights.

Honestly, they are in many ways a 3rd world country on the societal development scale. They still hang on to guns, still fight against evolution in schools fss.. We (Europeans) grew out of that 100's of years ago.

They think they are a bastion for racial harmony, yet they have the worst racism fueled crimes in the Western World. Their own police force that is supposed to protect them has a shoot first policy and kills a huge amount of people.

They consider themselves the pinnacle of medical health care, yet have the most unhealthy people in the Western world and are 37th in the world health league table, behind some 2nd and 3rd world countries.

A lot of them live thier lives as if they are in a reality program and project an image of themselves that is completely false.

It's only a matter of time until they implode and very few of them even notice, care or see it coming.
For people fitting into boxes you just have to look at the SMB. Loads of people seem to be either left or right with all the stereotype ideologies that go with them.

Leftie: Corbynite, Israel hating, thinking they're intellectually and morally superior while becoming all shouty and passive aggressive when someone dares to have a different opinion.

Rightie: little Englander In the Al Murray mould.

Its very rare that you see a debate where someone will say I appreciate your valid point of view :lol:

Yes because they are a 3rd world country in many proven statistical senses. Look at the health league table for example. Look at the fact that evolution is banned in certain states. Those are indicative to 3rd world countries. Sure having F-35's and Tanks is 1st world but is that important overall?
Yes Russia and other places around the world are worse, but they are not Western Countries and certainly don't pretend to be perfect like the US does. That's the important difference.
How do you ban evolution?

I found people in New York were far friendlier and more respectful than London. I've worked with American lads and lasses all through my career and never had a cross word with any of them. The vast majority over there are good people just wanting to live a good life.

Sure having F-35's and Tanks is 1st world but is that important overall?.

In a war?
aye

I found people in New York were far friendlier and more respectful than London. I've worked with American lads and lasses all through my career and never had a cross word with any of them. The vast majority over there are good people just wanting to live a good life.

Like most people the world over

in a country where you suggest rich people could benefit society by helping the poorer members of society , and you are branded a communist

there is a distinct lack of humanity and this reflects in their interactions with the rest of the world

if you have no compassion for your fellow countrymen and women then the rest of the world doesnt matter to you either

for a supposedly christian country its a strange outlook

For people fitting into boxes you just have to look at the SMB. Loads of people seem to be either left or right with all the stereotype ideologies that go with them.

Leftie: Corbynite, Israel hating, thinking they're intellectually and morally superior while becoming all shouty and passive aggressive when someone dares to have a different opinion.

Rightie: little Englander In the Al Murray mould.

Its very rare that you see a debate where someone will say I appreciate your valid point of view :lol:
Fuck off mr bongo, bongo

Yes because they are a 3rd world country in many proven statistical senses. Look at the health league table for example. Look at the fact that evolution is banned in certain states. Those are indicative to 3rd world countries. Sure having F-35's and Tanks is 1st world but is that important overall?
Yes Russia and other places around the world are worse, but they are not Western Countries and certainly don't pretend to be perfect like the US does. That's the important difference.
A bit pedantic I know but being 3rd world is a political reference not socio-economic. Developing is probably a better word to use.

Fuck off mr bongo, bongo
Ne bother Geldschmit :lol:

Back