How long will the US last?

Over the last say 7 years I've seen the word lefty or liberal take on a new meaning that has little or nothing to do with any of the political or ideological roots of the terms in the US. They have become far more generalised terms that are used in everyday speech and almost every argument, regardless of topic. It's almost used in place of the word "softy" which in itself has little meaning in many discussions.

They always think a person fits perfectly into one box or another too. Completely failing to understand that a person has 1000's of ideas about the world and society and they don't all align the same way.

I think it goes hand-in-hand with the very distorted view that young adults have of the world these days over there. It's becoming extremely toxic and very marginalised. If margins don't exist, they make new ones to divide the population and cause further fights.

Honestly, they are in many ways a 3rd world country on the societal development scale. They still hang on to guns, still fight against evolution in schools fss.. We (Europeans) grew out of that 100's of years ago.

They think they are a bastion for racial harmony, yet they have the worst racism fueled crimes in the Western World. Their own police force that is supposed to protect them has a shoot first policy and kills a huge amount of people.

They consider themselves the pinnacle of medical health care, yet have the most unhealthy people in the Western world and are 37th in the world health league table, behind some 2nd and 3rd world countries.

A lot of them live thier lives as if they are in a reality program and project an image of themselves that is completely false.

It's only a matter of time until they implode and very few of them even notice, care or see it coming.

The US is going nowhere.

I can't help but think we have a pretty skewed view of the place.

Birmingham is completely Muslim and London is a warzone if you listen to some sources.

Over the last say 7 years I've seen the word lefty or liberal take on a new meaning that has little or nothing to do with any of the political or ideological roots of the terms in the US. They have become far more generalised terms that are used in everyday speech and almost every argument, regardless of topic. It's almost used in place of the word "softy" which in itself has little meaning in many discussions.

They always think a person fits perfectly into one box or another too. Completely failing to understand that a person has 1000's of ideas about the world and society and they don't all align the same way.

I think it goes hand-in-hand with the very distorted view that young adults have of the world these days over there. It's becoming extremely toxic and very marginalised. If margins don't exist, they make new ones to divide the population and cause further fights.

Honestly, they are in many ways a 3rd world country on the societal development scale. They still hang on to guns, still fight against evolution in schools fss.. We (Europeans) grew out of that 100's of years ago.

They think they are a bastion for racial harmony, yet they have the worst racism fueled crimes in the Western World. Their own police force that is supposed to protect them has a shoot first policy and kills a huge amount of people.

They consider themselves the pinnacle of medical health care, yet have the most unhealthy people in the Western world and are 37th in the world health league table, behind some 2nd and 3rd world countries.

A lot of them live thier lives as if they are in a reality program and project an image of themselves that is completely false.

It's only a matter of time until they implode and very few of them even notice, care or see it coming.
God Bless America

Why do you care so much about your perceived shortcomings of the US? How about a similar rant about China or Saudi Arabia?
Because they influence the western world in very major ways, especially in the UK. Because I lived there for 8 years, have many American friend and have blood relatives that still live there. So for a Brit I have a VERY undistorted view of them.
None of that can be said about the other countries you mentioned, not that I need to give a reason to pick the US anyway.

The US is going nowhere.

I can't help but think we have a pretty skewed view of the place.

Birmingham is completely Muslim and London is a warzone if you listen to some sources.

Totally agree. People in Europe have an odd superiority complex when it comes to how the people of the US live their lives. Pound for pound they are the most successful country in the world. Some elements of their culture might not sit well with European people but they usually neglect to identify what living in Russia/China/India/Middle East would be like.

Because they influence the western world in very major ways, especially in the UK. Because I lived there for 8 years, have many American friend and have blood relatives that still live there. So for a Brit I have a VERY undistorted view of them.
None of that can be said about the other countries you mentioned, not that I need to give a reason to pick the US anyway.

So because you haven’t lived in those other places the US merits a special post mortem..,ok...

Totally agree. People in Europe have an odd superiority complex when it comes to how the people of the US live their lives. Pound for pound they are the most successful country in the world. Some elements of their culture might not sit well with European people but they usually neglect to identify what living in Russia/China/India/Middle East would be like.

One man's superiority complex is another man's idiocy still thinking that Charles Darwin was wrong and that Chickens spontaneously appeared and teach that in schools.
Most successful if you measure success in how many tanks you have, not social equality and all of the things in life that really mean something. Even then you could consider other countries more successful.
There's a reason why the whole world laughs at the US. They don't do that to Europe.

And get your OP was loaded with short-sighted sweeping generalizations. Are you sure you aren’t American yourself? That seems to be a common accusation of the yanks.

Back