How is your health kick going then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Been drinking and eating the same as last year, and still paying my gym membership i never use (£10 a month) and i'll be honest......i feel as good as i did last year.No difference, so all good

There's nothing more difficult in the world than given up takeaways. Needs to be recognised as an addiction with rehab offered. You drug addicts and alchies have it easy
I'd be fine, but after a 12 hour shift and you come back and the wifes worked the same, it's so much easier to say just order something, than say let's make tonights and tomorrows dinner on our 2 hours relax before sleeping and work again

I have knocked drink on the head and tabs which I started again over Christmas.
No processed food, no sugar except for an apple a day and maybe some mango or papaya.
I've started running and love it.
I've lost over a stone since new year and feel absolutely amazing.
That must be mainly water loss.

If it was fat burning it would mean you're burning about 3500 cal/day of fat, plus whatever you actually eat.

So that means say 5000 cal/day that you're burning, assuming you're not on a starvation diet.

But even an active woman typically burns less than half of that per day.

So I'd be careful if I were you. This is only a rough calculation but something doesn't add up. Make sure you're eating enough and keeping well hydrated, for one thing. If so, check your scales and that you're not sick.

All going well apart from still having Christmas ket in the house, should be all gone by February then I'll be back on track.

If it was fat burning it would mean you're burning about 3500 cal/day of fat, plus whatever you actually eat.

So that means say 5000 cal/day that you're burning, assuming you're not on a starvation diet.

So I'd be careful if I were you. This is only a rough calculation but something doesn't add up. Make sure you're eating enough and keeping well hydrated, for one thing. If so, check your scales and that you're not sick.

It's fine, I'm drinking about 4 to 5 litres of water a day.
I'm losing fat.
I did this before and used one of those special space age scales and it confirmed I was losing fat... then I had a horrible break up and just couldn't eat and lost lots of weight but not fat.
It was annoying as I was in a fat loss competition at work.
So back on it now the whole break up thing is resolving itself and eating responsibly.
I understand your concerns though and thank you.

Out every Saturday and Sunday on the lash, eating better though, too cold to spend much time on the bike (I do 12 miles a day commute).

Enjoying life is what it's all about and I'm doing that.

Not to good, every time I'm off work a mate gets in touch who I haven't seen for a while it seems. So naturally ya meet up for few drinks etc. And that's my health kick down the drain.

Out every Saturday and Sunday on the lash, eating better though, too cold to spend much time on the bike (I do 12 miles a day commute).

Enjoying life is what it's all about and I'm doing that.
About the same here. Having a 3/4 pints once a week. Eating better and exercising at work but want to cycle more.

I have knocked drink on the head and tabs which I started again over Christmas.
No processed food, no sugar except for an apple a day and maybe some mango or papaya.
I've started running and love it.
I've lost over a stone since new year and feel absolutely amazing.

Well done, sugar is the killer like. It's true about it being addictive, especially for those seeking comforts.

Cut down booze.. had 10 pints so far this month.

Trying to stick to about 2000 calories a day...

That's about it

well, been through every supermarket diet microwave meals.....Sainsburys is top. The Iceland ones that were recommended are large in portion but watery.

Well done, sugar is the killer like. It's true about it being addictive, especially for those seeking comforts.

well, been through every supermarket diet microwave meals.....Sainsburys is top. The Iceland ones that were recommended are large in portion but watery.

Get out of it... I cook fresh... It's easy to knock stuff up that is relatively healthy

probs a minor expansion of the truth, but the healthy looking people at work reckon burn 8000Kcal a week through exercise and you doing ok...they all eat these 400kCAL meals at lunch, canny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back