How is Stephen Hawking still alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

It is so utterly appalling that people like ProfessionalMackem wouldn't even consider it remotely a subject for humour if it touched their lives.
I don't think he was really poking fun at the condition mate. I remember the battle me mam had getting a stairlift put in for me auntie (her sister) when she got MND. It took that bloody long that she died the week after it was installed. This was a canny few years ago now and getting support at time was a right mission

It is so utterly appalling that people like ProfessionalMackem wouldn't even consider it remotely a subject for humour if it touched their lives.

Was he poking fun at it?

He was questioning how it was possible that SH had lived much longer than anyone else with the disease.

I'm not trying to be insensitive but if there is a thread title that indicated a subject that you feel may find upsetting in some way would it not be easier to avoid it?

The more you look into it the more it does seem suss. Thing is though, at some point they will have to let "him" die so what will they do then as they will need another "poster boy"?

On another note, what's the crack with believing in a different gravity to the gravity the majority believe in @ProfessionalMackem?

Right mate a little while back I may have mentioned that our conventional thinking of gravity may not be complete and another theory might help us fill in a few blanks. Im not a full blown nutter to think that one theory is totally right or wrong. I just like keeping my options open and open to the idea that we don't know everything about everything.

Anyways I digress, a while back I was looking into the motion of our path through the cosmos. It was long thought that we move elliptically, like these pics.
Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

But apparently thats all wrong and this is how we move throughout the cosmos

Heres a couple of class vids.

1st one is a mesmorising vid shown us move.

this one explains it really well

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back