How have we got this so wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ah so the coronavirus spread in the UK, Italy, Spain, France and China at such a rate because the public were behaving like children

I see.

Glad you find the situation so blazae and funny, sick.
I think part of the problem with the delay at the start was the data out of China didn’t paint the picture we now see, ffs a population of 1bn and less deaths than us to date, v believable.

Let's just blame the govt even though they were following medical and scientific advice.

So who else is to blame then? :confused:

Stewart Donald?
I think part of the problem with the delay at the start was the data out of China didn’t paint the picture we now see, ffs a population of 1bn and less deaths than us to date, v believable.

Yeah possibly aye, South Korea was a good indicator, they have probably dealt with it best

Italy was just the biggest warning though

We saw what was happening around the world, then in Italy and Europe, and seemed to have done nothing about it.

The piece in Reuters last night was very worrying

More people died yesterday than in any day in Italy, thats outrageous.

I just can't believe how slow to respond out Government has been, only now are they even talking about mass testing

At no point was there banning of flights from hot spots

We just seem to have allowed it to slowly happen and we'll probably end up the worst hit besides USA.
We rely on intelligence including scientific and deal with it from there.

Follow government guidelines but make sure you have the most up to date information.

If you have symptoms use the NHS 111 Online service.

So who else is to blame then? :confused:

Stewart Donald?

Yeah possibly aye, South Korea was a good indicator, they have probably dealt with it best

Italy was just the biggest warning though
So are you blaming the scientists and medical professionals or the govt?

It wasnt quick like marra, Cheltenham was on while hundreds were dying a day in Italy.

I'm clearly not going to change your view and I'm not going to try, but I'm fairly happy with the government response. South Korea nailed it because they have had closer calls than us in recent years, every other country in the world has faults in their response and there are lessons to be learned but I don't think there is much to be gained by looking for who to blame.

So are you blaming the scientists and medical professionals or the govt?

Both, they formed the policy, and its badly failed, no matter how you spin it

We are going to have one of the highest death rates in the world

Not sure why people still trying to defend it.
I'm clearly not going to change your view and I'm not going to try, but I'm fairly happy with the government response. South Korea nailed it because they have had closer calls than us in recent years, every other country in the world has faults in their response and there are lessons to be learned but I don't think there is much to be gained by looking for who to blame.

I am just staggered by that bit in bold mate, 900 people died yesterday, 900

But you are happy with the response?

Your post couldn't be more wrong, we need answers to why the UK has so massively fucked up.
New Zealand didnt fuck about. 1 death i believe?

Absolutely

There are numerous examples of countries just shutting down

We still letting in flights from hotspots by the hour, still now

Unbelievable

Last edited:

Your post couldn't be more wrong, we need answers to why the UK has so massively fucked up.
So you've changed your mind and are now blaming the experts and the govt.?! How could have we done it better, if you think the experts and govt have made a cock up?

So you've changed your mind and are now blaming the experts and the govt.?! How could have we done it better, if you think the experts and govt have made a cock up?

You don't think they have? :eek:

Are some people living in a bubble or what? remarkable.

You are sitting here tonight and honestly saying we havent cocked up?

thats what you are actually saying?

It is f***ing tragic mate, but I'm not sure there is any way to avoid massive loss of life without taking away a huge portion of our liberty, for a very long time and at massive economic cost.

There are just no easy answers and no perfect responses.

I'm off with a pitchfork to take down the local 5G tower. Counting it as my daily exercise.

Take some of those nasty rich footballers out while you are down there too!
It is f***ing tragic mate, but I'm not sure there is any way to avoid massive loss of life without taking away a huge portion of our liberty, for a very long time and at massive economic cost.

There are just no easy answers and no perfect responses.

There are no easy response, but there are responses that don't leave you likely to have the 2nd highest death rate in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back