How Green Are You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not enough. It's hard sometimes. I do recycle all my bottles and cans and don't use plastic bags. We don't have as much waste as before now that we're adapting to a minimalist lifestyle, but it still doesn't feel like we're doing enough.

I'm actually in the process of redoing our front, side, and back yards to be more water efficient. Luckily some of the native California plants do not require much water so I am looking into doing more of that. Working with a professional landscaper as I know nothing about this stuff.
Yes.

Not even a little bit. Love driving, never use public transport, eat almost exclusively meat, leave the heating on in the house mainly for the cat when we're not home, take git long showers.

Not even a little bit. Love driving, never use public transport, eat almost exclusively meat, leave the heating on in the house mainly for the cat when we're not home, take git long showers.

:lol: Captain Planet is going to knack you like!

Actually your post just reminded me of him, does anyone else remember watching it?

Try to be as green as possible.

Run or ride to work the majority of the time
Recycle
Don't use plastic bags
Have kitted the house out with smart meters and hive to keep it as efficient as possible
Switched diesel to small engined petrol
Most clothes get worn to destruction or to charity bin
Food wastage is minimal
Reduced meat consumption
Try to book supermarket delivery when van is in the area
Led bulbs
New boiler
Boil just enough water in the kettle
Have the minimum amount of hot water in tank
Get fresh food locally
Plugs get switched off
Low temperature washes
No tumble
Compost heap

Small things but if we all did them it'd add up. Could always do more.

There are things I know I could do better like eating less meat, not holidaying abroad and driving my big diesel truck.

The meat part is the one I plan to work on most because although I won't go vegetarian, my family and me could easily do without beef and lamb for the most part.

The driving part is the hardest because I work all over the UK.

Massively and not enough.

I try to be really careful with the water and power I use at home. Get public transport where I can. Unfortunately cycling isn’t really feasible for me given my current schedule/lifestyle. I evidently don’t care enough to alter my whole lifestyle.
Lets be honest it screams tight bastard more than eco warrior :lol:.
I however am attempting to save the planet by never throwing anything away EVER, no its not hoarding!
I also continue to wear clothing bought in the 80's, two reasons... i will always be ahead of the fashion curve plus i can continue to trot out the line to young uns at work " i've got workshirt's older than you"

I care massively as I'm only 27 and will be alive to see some of the more serious problems we are creating come to fruition.

But I don't do enough, like most people. I am vegetarian and am aiming slowly to become vegan, but have contributed a lot of CO2 emissions by being something of a globetrotter. I try to avoid single use plastics but not that hard. I recycle everything I can. I wash my clothes at 30°.

Anyone given up bananas or coffee yet? Anyone ride or walk to the local farm shop or market to buy their groceries?
Anyone given up beer and wine?
Anyone planning to not take a holiday this year?
Anyone invested in a biomass boiler to heat their home?
Anyone given in their car?

Anyone given up bananas or coffee yet? Anyone ride or walk to the local farm shop or market to buy their groceries?
Anyone given up* their car?

Last edited:
Make a canny effort when it comes to recycling and home energy efficiency but nowt in the grand scheme, still drive everywhere.

Anyone given in their car?
I grow my own veg and make my own wine, cider and beer. I try to walk to the shop but still get bananas, tea, coffee and I'm not having much luck growing sugar cane here in Sr3 :D.

Lets be honest it screams tight bastard more than eco warrior :lol:.
I however am attempting to save the planet by never throwing anything away EVER, no its not hoarding!
I also continue to wear clothing bought in the 80's, two reasons... i will always be ahead of the fashion curve plus i can continue to trot out the line to young uns at work " i've got workshirt's older than you"
My lass throws my stuff out when I'm not there. It's like missing a friend's funeral :lol:

Last edited:
Don't care about it, and do as much as I can to hinder the recycling process and the whole green movement. Always put bags for life in the bin, loads of recyclable stuff goes in the household bin, I hide non-recyclable stuff in with the recyclables, i sit in the car with the engine running when waiting for people, turn off eco mode in the car as well.
Whenever presented with the eco flush or full flush option, always use the full flush.
Use a tumble drier instead of a washing line.
I don't drop litter though.

Recycle ( loads more than in the bin)
Use the small car as much as possible but I do need the pickup aswell
Grow some food but that’s using drinking water so probably not as green as could be
Grow meat and eat game
I go fishing for food
Try to wear clothes for need as opposed to fashion
Home brew, that does use loads of water
Borehole water for animals so no drinking water. I will get it tested soon and see if it’s good for brewing

Don't care about it, and do as much as I can to hinder the recycling process and the whole green movement. Always put bags for life in the bin, loads of recyclable stuff goes in the household bin, I hide non-recyclable stuff in with the recyclables, i sit in the car with the engine running when waiting for people, turn off eco mode in the car as well.
Whenever presented with the eco flush or full flush option, always use the full flush.
Use a tumble drier instead of a washing line.
I don't drop litter though.
:lol::lol::lol:

I grow my own veg and make my own wine, cider and beer. I try to walk to the shop but still get bananas, tea, coffee and I'm not having much luck growing sugar cane here in Sr3 :D.

My lass throws my stuff out when I'm not there. It's like missing a friend's funeral :lol:
My thoughts are with you :evil:.
If you/anybody is ever stuck for off cuts of come in handy bits of wood that will never be used please let me know.

Not very. The amount of plastic in the world is irksome. I'm not that fussed about foreign travel anymore but that's because I'm not that fussed. I eat mainly plant based but that is because of others in my life. I reckon ive used a lot less carbon than the average european but loads more tgan the average african.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back