How Green Are You?

Me and Mrs. R do some, but could do more.

Recycle all that can be recycled.
Almost never waste food. Either i eat it, or she makes soup of uncooked leftovers.
Don't have a dog, so no dog crap.
Have our own shopping bags, and rarely use plastic.
Wear stuff to destruction or breakdown.
I also occasionally save worms.
Walk or cycle a lot.

Downside ?
I fart a lot.
Have Diesel car.
Bathe more than shower.
Use plastic food bags to collect my cats poop, and bin it for landfill.

Pointing out the hypocrisy of many people pretending to be green thats all, no need to be personally offended.
So I was right in my first reply to you. Thanks.

I'll re-phrase my original retort: Doing something is better than doing nothing.

Saying "well you fly don't you" isn't an excuse to say "fuck it all then".

Same. I have limits to what I will compost!
Definitely :lol:.

Dog crap straight in the bin but aleast we have around 5 of the dog poo bins within a couple hundred metres of our house.

I'll re-phrase my original retort: Doing something is better than doing nothing.

I think the real point is someone shouldn't make a deliberate point of flying in 12 hours for the demo because its counter productive. If you're here anyway great. It is a fine cause but not very well thought out.

Edit: replying to something else sorry :D

Last edited:
I recycle a lot, avoid plastic bags and try to minimise on packaging as far as I can. I don't drive and don't eat bananas or drink coffee (although the latter two are down to personal taste. Have a new boiler, with a relatively low setting on the thermostat, and fairly new, efficient washing machine etc. I don't eat a lot of red meat.

As far as overseas travel is concerned, I do so for work but rarely for holiday.

There are a lot of other things I could do though.

All you green feckers, where ya ganning for yer holidays this year ? What sort of cars do you drive ?
Daft comparison. Climate change should be tackled on a policy level, not an individual one.

I drive a converted VW camper van that runs on vegetable oil and the laughter of babies, for my holidays this year I am going to set a tent up in the back garden for a few days.

As far as overseas travel is concerned, I do so for work but rarely for holiday.
You f***ing monster.

By that logic, we should all give up trying then, and just pollute as much as we want?

Stupid comment.

Yes, that is the correct course of action in the current climate and what most people are doing.

Ok then.
I've been to Spain in an plane. And I drive a Euro 5 diesel.
What is the point of your question?

Then you are part of the problem not the solution.

I only masturbate every second Tuesday to reduce my personal waste carbon dioxide production.

I hope you recycle your jism. Good source of vitamins and minerals.

It sort of is.

Last edited:
It’s all bollocks. Until every government in the world moves away from capitalism then it is what it is.

The planet has away of cleansing itself. It will cleanse us soon enough...

I think the best we can do as a nation is try to become carbon neutral and not worry about what other countries are doing, or how it is affecting the outside world. It sounds harsh but there's very little we can do to change things.

Many of the bigger polluters are at much greater risk from sea level rise, changes to rainfall patterns and life threatening climate events than we are and would follow suit eventually :neutral:

It’s all bollocks. Until every government in the world moves away from capitalism then it is what it is.

The planet has away of cleansing itself. It will cleanse us soon enough...
That's not going to happen any time soon.

Last edited:
I think the best we can do as a nation is try to become carbon neutral and not worry about what other countries are doing, or how it is affecting the outside world. It sounds harsh but there's very little we can do to change things.

Many of the bigger polluters are at much greater risk from sea level rise, changes to rainfall patterns and life threatening climate events than we are and would follow suit eventually :neutral:

That's not going to happen any time soon.
you’re right. But then there will be another ice age where Northern Europe is under several meters of ice within 5000 years so nowt to worry about really.

I try-
Recycle stuff at home, and clothes at the big bins/ charity shops
Try to be energy conscious at home (hard with teenagers like :-/)
Have short showers- never have a bath
Use as little electricity as possible
Hate wasting food, try to put back into the environment where possible- feed the birds etc
Try to avoid single use plastics
Pick up all plastic shite at work to stop it getting in the sea, where turtles choke themselves on it

But then on the flip side-
Drive a 3 litre diesel 4x4
Use a hire car to get to work when I could use trains
Work in oil and gas, raping the planet

I think I offset it enough :lol:

Back