how do you rate 2007-17 for safc??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Best part for me was Keanes summer window when we first came up, bringing Richardson in for 5m etc. It was exciting. That first half of the season under Bruce with Welbeck, Bent, Gyan, Cana etc was brilliant.

The cup final was overshadowed by my hatred for the players at the time, I couldn't stand the likes of Gardener and Whickham so that was more me enjoying a trip away on the piss with my mates as opposed to the football. And pretty much everything after the 'Titus Bramble shags who he wants' era was uncomfortable and disdainable for me personally. It created a massive gap between my ability to connect to the rest of the fans.

Looking forward to see what comes next. Even if it's shit in other people's minds it literally cannot get worse for me than it has been over the last 5 years.

Stunk the prem out 90% of the time but I'd say the great escapes make up for a mostly shit stint in the prem despite scrapping against relegation every year

For 6 months of the year, full of hope and drama. 9/10. (this includes the summer when we aren't actually playing but think we're better than we are by expecting us to kick on the following season).

2/10 for the first 6 months of the following season when we're brought back down to reality.

It'll look a hell of a lot rosier after a few seasons down there
Spot on, when we are getting humped at home on a cold December Tuesday night in a half empty stadium against burton after Grant holt has missed a couple of sitters for us, we will be wishing we were back to the current days. Until there is a change at the very top we are goosed

Lots of one off games that were amazing, but based on league positions and consistent form it's been pretty shit.

Very few highlights apart from Wembley final ,Derby victories . The day we played Chelsea off the park under Bruce .
Promotion under Keene, that last day of the transfer window ,when he bought players by the job lot

Last edited:
Would love to know what our 10 season 380 game record is when the season finishes next month.
Use the statcat website.

For me it's been a decade of two halves. The latter, ironically being when we've struggled most yet produced the Wembley trip and six in a row. The Great Escape season under Gus encapsulated SAFC for me.

Too few home wins but cracking awaydays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back