How Do You Put It Right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry he said what?
He's a 5 foot 3 inch ginger from Scotland. Talk about throwing bricks in a glasshouse...

Genetics has sod all to do with football anyway. It's not like Olympic sprinting... it's about environment, practice and passion for the game.

Messi is no one's idea of an Ubermensch.
Because he’s better than everyone else on the planet. A player the size of messi who is as good or bad as everyone else on the pitch will get brushed aside 9 times out of ten at safc s level.

Easier said than done but i think we need to have a massive clear out of the senior players.
Quite a few are out of contract which is good. Of what's left we should get decent fees for khazri and djillobodji after successful loans, although it's doubtful we'll get back what we paid.
Kone and Ndong will probably have to be loaned out back in France in the hope they can be similar successes. Matthews, Oviedo and McGeady should fetch nominal fees in the championship.
No one is going to take Cattermole, Steele, Mcmanaman and Rodwell so any transfer fees brought in should be used to pay them off. Seems like a massive waste of limited resources i know but we need these parasites out if we're going to progress and build a good team spirit.
Unless I've forgotten someone that leaves Love, McNair and Watmore who still have youth and potential on their side and Ruiter who only has year left on his contract and shouldn't be on too high a wage. He can provide back up to Stryjek.
We then need to acquire a spine of good league 1 players on frees and nominal fees (please no loans) and surround them with our youngsters. We may not get instant promotion but as long as we as fans have patience we have the chance to build something special.
It's a massive job for Coleman and Bain but it needs to be done. If we go into the season with these players still hanging around we will go down again imo.
We’ve no money so we it’ll be loans and bosmans only. IF we buy a player it’ll be early doors in the window to con the potential ST holders into parting with their hard earned.

Then there's a further reduction in everyone's wages for next season?

I doubt if an organisation so blinkered as to not insist on a clause in roswells contract would have the vision to insert a further drop into everyone else’s.

Last edited:

Because he’s better than everyone else on the planet. A player the size of messi who is as good or bad as everyone else on the pitch will get brushed aside 9 times out of ten at safc s level.

I'd agree in general that we need bigger players. It's hard not to notice that Gooch and Honeyman etc are tiny.

But spouting on about genetics of a population is utter bollox. We're not actual pygmies.

As for individual platers, the small ones are usually technically better than the biguns to have made it up to the pro ranks with them. Obviously defenders need to be bigger and height is important generally for set pieces, but you judge each player on what they can do, not their height and of the reasons we are utterly sh8t this season 'average squad height' is right down there with the pink seats...

Jimmy Sinclair said we are going to scout local. Gordon Strachan said local is genetically inferior. Bain cut the scouting network as it was too expensive c£800k a year. Might explain old boy Jimmy's stance? So do you think Jimmy's right?

His nick name is CLUELESS to the AOL lads
Jimmy I forgot what you said Sinclair is a old knacker living in the 50'?.
His understudy McDermott knows F all, I met him at the villa match, the agent I was with said he is a joke to most agents, he has not got a clue.
Get this he did not even know Eric Roy is our scout in the South of France. FFS

Sell most of them and start again.
Our squad come the 1st June will be:

GK
Ruiter, Steele, Stryjek

DEF
Matthews, Love, Kone, Djilibodji, Oviedo

MID
Cattermole, McNair, Embleton, Robson, Rodwell, Ndong, Honeyman, Gooch, McGeady, McManaman, Watmore, Khazri

STR
Asoro, Maja

We already have money coming for Lens and Borini but we need to sell/get rid of Kone, Djilibodji, Oviedo, Cattermole, Ndong, Rodwell and Khazri.
Hopefully that will bring enough in to give the manager a bit of money to get his own players in and clear some of the debt.

Looks like Ndong is off to Rennes

I doubt if an organisation so blinkered as to not insist on a clause in roswells contract would have the vision to insert a further drop into everyone else’s.

I read somewhere that not only do all the rest of the players have relegation clauses for the next division down, but actually so does Rodwell.

It could be bollocks of course. I'll have read it on here or on a news website so it could easily be made up.

Sorry he said what?
He's a 5 foot 3 inch ginger from Scotland. Talk about throwing bricks in a glasshouse...

Genetics has sod all to do with football anyway. It's not like Olympic sprinting... it's about environment, practice and passion for the game.

Messi is no one's idea of an Ubermensch.

Seeing this word on here makes me happy. Love Nietzsche, me.

Last edited:
You have to strike a balance. Too many kids and it'll go tits up too easily. You need a few experienced heads in amongst the youth to keep the young lads in check.

I take your point, mate, but out of the 'Experienced Heads' that we have, how many actually contribute, anything and are not liabilities? Please don't say JOS or Catts.

I take your point, mate, but out of the 'Experienced Heads' that we have, how many actually contribute, anything and are not liabilities? Please don't say JOS or Catts.

Well, we're bottom of the division so I think it's fair to say at this point that none of them are exactly setting the world on fire this season but those two you mention were certainly supposed to be the experienced backbone of the team this season, along with Kone, Jones, Oviedo, McGeady and before we got rid of him, Vaughan.

Catts has had a stinker of a season but how much of that has been our inability to do anything with his final ball, or our goalkeepers' failure to... well, failure to act like goalkeepers?

In previous years we've had players on the wings capable of getting on the end of his diagonal balls and actually doing something with them, or strikers capable of getting past the defenders to take advantage of his through balls. Had a few more of those come off this year then perhaps our attention wouldn't be drawn so much to the times he's fallen over or given the ball away in a dangerous position.

I don't think there's such a thing as a player that isn't a liability, it's just been highlighted more for us this year from an overall lack of flair and finishing ability at one end of the pitch and atrocious goalkeeping at the other.

Even the best defenders in the world get beaten sometimes, even the best midfielders fuck up a pass occasionally, and even the best strikers miss a glaring opportunity from time to time. If your keeper can't save anything that comes his way and your strikers can't get the ball in the net then it doesn't matter who your midfield and defence are, you're going to lose games.

Catts, O'Shea if we extend his contract and Kone if we can keep him should all be perfectly capable of being the experienced core next season but we seriously need to sort out the goalkeeper and striker positions or it wouldn't make a difference if we had Man City's central defenders and defensive midfielder in the team.

What's your opinion?

I think one of the main problems is we don't seem to have anyone on the board who has a background in top level sport. This needs addressing first and foremost and they need to have the remit for putting an ethos and structure in place which which puts sporting achievement at the heart of the club. After all it is the reason for it's existence. Don't think it necessarily has to be an ex player could be, just for example, someone like Steve Cram. Work from there. I think Short was on the right lines with the DoF but picked the wrong people. If De Fanti was DoF why did we need Angeloni as Technical Director? Just have a Sporting Director. The sporting director to be responsible for recruitment of all sporting staff. Employ good coaches who can assist with developing the scouting network to include other european leagues. No more jobs for the boys and managers appointing coaches who are their mates and overlooking better candidates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back