How Do You Put It Right

Clear the debt, invest in youth, be patient rather than spunking money up the wall to get promoted.

Jimmy Sinclair said we are going to scout local. Gordon Strachan said local is genetically inferior. Bain cut the scouting network as it was too expensive c£800k a year. Might explain old boy Jimmy's stance? So do you think Jimmy's right?

When we nearly went out of business we got a strong manager in who wanted players to do exactly as he told them (Bruce Rioch)

We had a very young squad otherwise he wouldn't have been able to do it. The backbone of them team were local lads 3 of them went on to play for England. (Pallister Cooper and Ripley ) .

The effect the local lads had on the team spirit and bonding with the fans propelled us up again into the Top League the following season.

I think it's the only way out for any team with financial restrictions.

Obvious answer is a takeover but that is pie in the sky.

Currently I think we can use the relegation to get rid of some of the players hanging on to us as they are what is dragging us down. Next season under Coleman back to basics with bairns. Promote hardwork and graft and earn our way back up. May take a few seasons but a confidence gaining promotion could see us get a good run in the Championship.

We need new investment or a new owner to start with. Then what @fyl2u said.

If/when we go down our Youth will get a big chance. Can start from there providing we can get a new custodian of the club that we can all get behind.

Team selection is in the managers hands so get that right to try and get us safe. The rest we are praying that someone wants the club .

Team for the rest of the season ...

Stryjek

Love Kone Wilson Oviedo

McNair

Gooch Honeyman McGeady

Asoro Lua Lua

We cannot defend so let's just fcukin go for it and see what happens!!

Jimmy Sinclair said we are going to scout local. Gordon Strachan said local is genetically inferior. Bain cut the scouting network as it was too expensive c£800k a year. Might explain old boy Jimmy's stance? So do you think Jimmy's right?

Local maybe genetically inferior, but at least, Gary Rowell, Kevin Arnott, Stan Cummins, Jordan Henderson, Micky Gray had a bit of passion for our club:)

Currently I think we can use the relegation to get rid of some of the players hanging on to us as they are what is dragging us down. Next season under Coleman back to basics with bairns. Promote hardwork and graft and earn our way back up. May take a few seasons but a confidence gaining promotion could see us get a good run in the Championship.

What worries me is Colemans lack of using youth resources n our current plight. He would rather play O Shea, Catts and Jones than give the youngsters a chance!

Last edited:

I'd like to see us scouting the colder European countries too. If they can play in Sweden or Norway's temperatures then the NE should be a doddle for them.

What worries me is Colemans lack of using youth resources n our current plight. He would rather play O Shea, Catts and Jones than give the youngsters a chance!

You have to strike a balance. Too many kids and it'll go tits up too easily. You need a few experienced heads in amongst the youth to keep the young lads in check.

Last edited:

And might change the mindset in the stands as well. The SOL is a depressing place to play at the minute and has been for about 6 years. As much as the fans can’t be blamed the atmosphere definitely contributed to the lack of confidence on the pitch. The Reid years and Keane years we had the place rocking (yes I know a lot was to do with how we were playing). If the 12th man is moaning and groaning before kick off then it’s like playing with 10 men

Gordon Strachan said local is genetically inferior.

Sorry he said what?
He's a 5 foot 3 inch ginger from Scotland. Talk about throwing bricks in a glasshouse...

Genetics has sod all to do with football anyway. It's not like Olympic sprinting... it's about environment, practice and passion for the game.

Messi is no one's idea of an Ubermensch.

Back