How Do You Put It Right

Easier said than done but i think we need to have a massive clear out of the senior players.
Quite a few are out of contract which is good. Of what's left we should get decent fees for khazri and djillobodji after successful loans, although it's doubtful we'll get back what we paid.
Kone and Ndong will probably have to be loaned out back in France in the hope they can be similar successes. Matthews, Oviedo and McGeady should fetch nominal fees in the championship.
No one is going to take Cattermole, Steele, Mcmanaman and Rodwell so any transfer fees brought in should be used to pay them off. Seems like a massive waste of limited resources i know but we need these parasites out if we're going to progress and build a good team spirit.
Unless I've forgotten someone that leaves Love, McNair and Watmore who still have youth and potential on their side and Ruiter who only has year left on his contract and shouldn't be on too high a wage. He can provide back up to Stryjek.
We then need to acquire a spine of good league 1 players on frees and nominal fees (please no loans) and surround them with our youngsters. We may not get instant promotion but as long as we as fans have patience we have the chance to build something special.
It's a massive job for Coleman and Bain but it needs to be done. If we go into the season with these players still hanging around we will go down again imo.

Sell most of them and start again.
Our squad come the 1st June will be:

GK
Ruiter, Steele, Stryjek

DEF
Matthews, Love, Kone, Djilibodji, Oviedo

MID
Cattermole, McNair, Embleton, Robson, Rodwell, Ndong, Honeyman, Gooch, McGeady, McManaman, Watmore, Khazri

STR
Asoro, Maja

We already have money coming for Lens and Borini but we need to sell/get rid of Kone, Djilibodji, Oviedo, Cattermole, Ndong, Rodwell and Khazri.
Hopefully that will bring enough in to give the manager a bit of money to get his own players in and clear some of the debt.

Easy to look back at the mistakes of the past. What's the way forward?
Play the kids until the current parasites fuck off then rebuild from there. May mean 2 or 3 seasons in league one unfortunately. SBC would probably extend the terms of the loan leaving us fucked financially for another ten years, then we can start thw rebuild.

Jimmy Sinclair said we are going to scout local. Gordon Strachan said local is genetically inferior. Bain cut the scouting network as it was too expensive c£800k a year. Might explain old boy Jimmy's stance? So do you think Jimmy's right?
No.

The Academy is the only thing that has been a success over the recent years. No need to change that.

Jimmy Sinclair said we are going to scout local. Gordon Strachan said local is genetically inferior. Bain cut the scouting network as it was too expensive c£800k a year. Might explain old boy Jimmy's stance? So do you think Jimmy's right?

i never heard of Strachan saying that,so find it rather strange that Pardew said more or less the same, tho i think Pardew was alluding to what's in the head more than anything else bloody sad if that's really the case,nee more shouting down the pit shaft for players

And might change the mindset in the stands as well. The SOL is a depressing place to play at the minute and has been for about 6 years. As much as the fans can’t be blamed the atmosphere definitely contributed to the lack of confidence on the pitch. The Reid years and Keane years we had the place rocking (yes I know a lot was to do with how we were playing). If the 12th man is moaning and groaning before kick off then it’s like playing with 10 men
Easily done 2-3 wins early next season would do it.

Explain how we clear the debt when making a loss?

Selling players. Cash flow and profit aren't the same thing, particularly when player trading is concerned. The amortisation of contract values doesn't remotely follow the cash flow on player purchases and sales. Besides, no-one outside the club knows the real trading situation. Taking a 2 year old loss and dividing it by 52 is somewhat less than scientific.

If you want to more accurate answer, you'll need to wait until May when we see the 2017 accounts. Looking at the implied cash flows from there will give a far better indicator of what this year might look like.

Selling players. Cash flow and profit aren't the same thing, particularly when player trading is concerned. The amortisation of contract values doesn't remotely follow the cash flow on player purchases and sales. Besides, no-one outside the club knows the real trading situation. Taking a 2 year old loss and dividing it by 52 is somewhat less than scientific.

If you want to more accurate answer, you'll need to wait until May when we see the 2017 accounts. Looking at the implied cash flows from there will give a far better indicator of what this year might look like.

I appreciate all that mate but it’s like selling bits of your furniture to pay the mortgage...eventually you will have nothing left to sell and you won’t have a sofa, bed or cooker. At some stage a strategy for success on the pitch has to be the driver for making us sustainable. Without PL tv money the only way we can do that is by developing AND buying players who increase in value. Another summer of signing shite like the last summer window will do for us imo. We have to identify good young players, actually buy them and then improve them. Signing players like McGeady and McManaman isn’t the answer.

I appreciate all that mate but it’s like selling bits of your furniture to pay the mortgage...eventually you will have nothing left to sell and you won’t have a sofa, bed or cooker. At some stage a strategy for success on the pitch has to be the driver for making us sustainable. Without PL tv money the only way we can do that is by developing AND buying players who increase in value. Another summer of signing shite like the last summer window will do for us imo. We have to identify good young players, actually buy them and then improve them. Signing players like McGeady and McManaman isn’t the answer.
Spot on marra

You have to be kidding, right? Stryjek will not be number 1 next season unless we are bankrupt. If he's still here, Ruiter will be number 1.
I was just thinking of our youngsters making up the bulk of the side with a couple of big nasty cbs along with a midfield general and a goalscorer all proven in league 1.
Stryjek should imo be given the No.1 jersey until the end of the season ahead of the other 2 clowns.
If he sinks we have another shit keeper on our books but if he swims its his jersey to lose

Last edited:
Explain how we clear the debt when making a loss?

Sell players.

Are we actually still making a loss? I know Ellis is supposedly paying the interest on the loans for us to prop us up but I was under the impression the Pickford sale would have taken a chunk out of the debt this year and by next season we'll be rid of Borini, Khazri and Lens off the wage bill for fees and probably also Djilibodji and Ndong.

Then there's a further reduction in everyone's wages for next season, a number of players out of contract like O'Shea, and another parachute payment. Every little helps.

This is entire point of the austerity we're going through this season, surely?

Sorry he said what?
He's a 5 foot 3 inch ginger from Scotland. Talk about throwing bricks in a glasshouse...

Genetics has sod all to do with football anyway. It's not like Olympic sprinting... it's about environment, practice and passion for the game.

Messi is no one's idea of an Ubermensch.

This actually backs up what he said. He was talking about Scots in general so he he is the perfect example. I know he was a cracking player but it seems he feels, in today's game, he'd be unable to compete on the same level.

Environment, practice and passion for the game are all very well but if two players both have those, except one is naturally taller, faster and stronger, then he will of course have the advantage. Sometimes though, regardless of physique or genetics, some players just have a natural talent or a special footballing brain. Unfortunately these players are few and far between and certainly out of our range.

Good job we're rid of the manager that bought them, then isn't it?

What did Burnley do? They seem to have a magic formula for "success".
Sold Charlie Austin to pay the club's debts, signed Tom Heaton, Scott Arfield and David Jones on free transfers, and crucially appointed Sean Dyche.

And then in the Premier, we didn't spend fortunes to try and stop up. There's only 4 ways to play it - spend fortunes and stay up; spend fortunes and go down; spend little and stay up; spend little and go down. Only one of those choices leads to your sort of trouble - all the others are more or less sustainable. Your bosses chose the wrong one, unfortunately.

It's no help whatsoever to your current position, but Burnley's magic solution started with solvency.

Back