Hotels in Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Copthorne Kings is close to Chinatown MRT and you can walk over the bridges into Clarke Quay on a night. It’s also nipping clean and reasonably priced. You also walk through hawker centres in Chinatown and can get big bottle of Tiger for a couple of quid which saves a packet and just drink with the locals. They have a free (I think) shuttle to various places too. I was there in Feb and would go back tomorrow.

That's where I am stopping in May, glad to hear it's OK

We've got Sentosa / Universal World pencilled in for the Sunday.

Don't miss out the luge on Sentosa. If you can do Universal on a weekday I would do that as the crowds will be vastly different. What network you on? You can roam for free with 3...either way get the app grab (no uber in Singapore) as getting a taxi back from Sentosa is a challenge. I usually stop in Lau Pau Set for Satay on the way back.

Don't miss out the luge on Sentosa. If you can do Universal on a weekday I would do that as the crowds will be vastly different. What network you on? You can roam for free with 3...either way get the app grab (no uber in Singapore) as getting a taxi back from Sentosa is a challenge. I usually stop in Lau Pau Set for Satay on the way back.
There used to be Uber out there. I used it all the time. Has it been banned recently?

Taxis were cheap enough anyway from what I remember. All fairly tightly regulated out there?

Yes, pretty cheap but not that easy to get if it is chucking it down or on Sentosa. Grab has been a godsend in those cases.

Ahhh the infinity pool on the 57th floor of the Marina Bay Sands. Should be on everyone’s bucket list. 6pm -drinking cocktails there. 10pm - took off for Heathrow. 6am - landed. Home, 1 hour shut eye, up, out to the Emirates, Arsenal knocked us out of the Cup. That was some 24 hours.

Ahhh the infinity pool on the 57th floor of the Marina Bay Sands. Should be on everyone’s bucket list. 6pm -drinking cocktails there. 10pm - took off for Heathrow. 6am - landed. Home, 1 hour shut eye, up, out to the Emirates, Arsenal knocked us out of the Cup. That was some 24 hours.

I'd love to go though having said that...been to the top bar a few times and could see the pool - full of fat/nouveau rich Chinese taking selfies on each occasion and was rammed. The people with class stay at the Fullerton :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to go though having said that...been to the top bar a few times and could see the pool - full of fat Chinese taking selfies on each occasion and was rammed. The people with class stay at the Fullerton :)
We’re not global travellers at all, we go to Tenerife on holibobs and if we’re feeling adventurous we’ll try Lanzarote instead. But in 2015 we thought “fuck it, let’s do a trip” to mark a big birthday, and spent 3 weeks over Christmas and New Year in HK, Sydney, Melbourne and Singapore. Bloody loved it. Singapore being the last leg we thought (again) fuck it, let’s stay in that mad hotel. Time to plan our next big trip methinks.

We’re not global travellers at all, we go to Tenerife on holibobs and if we’re feeling adventurous we’ll try Lanzarote instead. But in 2015 we thought “fuck it, let’s do a trip” to mark a big birthday, and spent 3 weeks over Christmas and New Year in HK, Sydney, Melbourne and Singapore. Bloody loved it. Singapore being the last leg we thought (again) fuck it, let’s stay in that mad hotel. Time to plan our next big trip methinks.

I'm just jealous :) Sounds fantastic.

He’s never 64? Doesn’t look a day over 63 and a half.

I'm just jealous :) Sounds fantastic.
It was all the more special for truly feeling like a once in a lifetime trip. Yes, we may do another big one, but for us it’s only ever going to be once every five to ten years tops.

He’s never 64? Doesn’t look a day over 63 and a half.
The big day itself was spent sipping Australian fizz at a gala at the Sydney Opera House. Yup, he smashed it out of the park that year :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers for the tip about Universal. I've got a works phone which I can't use out there, but was going to use the MTA/buses to get around. Some vids on YT suggest buying a 15gb sim for about £12.
Have you done the Zoo ? Was going to do the night time for the novelty experience, would you recommend the day as well ?

Cheers for the tip about Universal. I've got a works phone which I can't use out there, but was going to use the MTA/buses to get around. Some vids on YT suggest buying a 15gb sim for about £12.
Have you done the Zoo ? Was going to do the night time for the novelty experience, would you recommend the day as well ?
The time I went to Universal I had no choice but to go on the w/e but ended up buying a fast pass it was that busy. Lots of variables such as local school hols, Indian school hols, Chinese school hols, Aussie school hols...

I love the night safari...been ton's of times. It used to be so easy - turn up and get in but now its got popular you need to book a slot. My kids love river safari as the youngest is obsessed with Panda's. When I was working this year they went to the zoo...but the polar bear had died! Went to the bird park ages ago but by the time you go it will be on site alongside the other three places. If you can only do one I'd do night safari, for the novelty. If you can do two then river safari then night safari.

You can get a local SIM at loads of places.

Any questions drop me a line. I was just there last week and always find something on each trip!

The time I went to Universal I had no choice but to go on the w/e but ended up buying a fast pass it was that busy. Lots of variables such as local school hols, Indian school hols, Chinese school hols, Aussie school hols...

I love the night safari...been ton's of times. It used to be so easy - turn up and get in but now its got popular you need to book a slot. My kids love river safari as the youngest is obsessed with Panda's. When I was working this year they went to the zoo...but the polar bear had died! Went to the bird park ages ago but by the time you go it will be on site alongside the other three places. If you can only do one I'd do night safari, for the novelty. If you can do two then river safari then night safari.

You can get a local SIM at loads of places.

Any questions drop me a line. I was just there last week and always find something on each trip!
Cheers mate. Still early planning stages for me but I'll take you up on you offer if I need to. Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back