Hotel Nightmares (well gripes)

• Thread starter Deleted member 14766
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
My main gripes are mostly the same as those that have gone before.

1) Lights really dull and nothing central, weird combos of switches for them also.

2) Minimal numbers of sockets in daft positions. A random distribution of socket types in some overseas hotels as well.

3) TVs up way too high on the wall to be able to watch them comfortably.

4) Bog roll holders not always sensibly positioned. In the last place I stayed in, you had to reach across the bidet to get to the bog roll.

5) The shower curtain thing that's been mentioned as well. Regardless of how it's positioned, the bathroom floor is getting wet. This sometimes can apply to badly fitting shower doors as well.

Main gripe I've had recently is when hotels have prices with breakfast and without, but the option not to have it is unavailable, when it's a crappy Parisian continental breakfast adding €20 to the nightly price when I could nip to the patisserie 50 yards down the road and pay €5 for a much better one. Then being told I can't put the €5 decent breakfast on expenses because the room rate included it.

When you let a colleague sort the booking out and realise you're staying between a Carrefour and a motorway instead of in the centre a short walk from some decent bars and restaurants like we were last time. How I'm now looking forward to the next 2 days :evil:

Main gripe I've had recently is when hotels have prices with breakfast and without, but the option not to have it is unavailable, when it's a crappy Parisian continental breakfast adding €20 to the nightly price when I could nip to the patisserie 50 yards down the road and pay €5 for a much better one. Then being told I can't put the €5 decent breakfast on expenses because the room rate included it.

When you let a colleague sort the booking out and realise you're staying between a Carrefour and a motorway instead of in the centre a short walk from some decent bars and restaurants like we were last time. How I'm now looking forward to the next 2 days :evil:
Sounds like only one person to blame here...

Never let anyone book your travel unless you spell out where, when and what.

Sounds like only one person to blame here...

Never let anyone book your travel unless you spell out where, when and what.
Before the trip I'm on now, I would have agreed about never letting anyone else book travel for you, until I discovered a cracking Brazilian restaurant just down the road with a 4 hour happy hour, very cheap beer and a non itemised receipt :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back