Hotel Nightmares (well gripes)

• Thread starter Deleted member 14766
  • Start date

The Three Tuns in Durham. My train was massively delayed so ended up crashing the night in Durham. Beautiful reception but they gave me the smallest filthiest room ive ever seen with an unbearable stench of Urine. Can see why it went under after swallow.

Once stayed in the Formule 1 at Coventry, no smoking room, no reception just a machine to get the code to unlock your room. The toilets and showers were a super loo along the corridor but the room did have a sink in it, so you just knew that every bloke who had stayed in there had pissed in that sink, even though it was fixed to the wall at chest height.

The stench of stale smoke was unbearable, I ended up puking out of the window.

Also about 3am they had managed to sell the bunk bed space above the double to somebody else and they tried to get in, thankfully I had put the chain on the door.

You don’t use the room cups do you? Uuuurrrrgggghhhh!

Certain places I won’t even use the kettle...

Once stayed in the Formule 1 at Coventry, no smoking room, no reception just a machine to get the code to unlock your room. The toilets and showers were a super loo along the corridor but the room did have a sink in it, so you just knew that every bloke who had stayed in there had pissed in that sink, even though it was fixed to the wall at chest height.

Also about 3am they had managed to sell the bunk bed space above the double to somebody else and they tried to get in, thankfully I had put the chain on the door.

Never use any of that stuff.

Formula 1’s where you can rent rooms by the hour.

Hotels that have their own software on the TV then only have 5 channels on, and the TV guide does not work!!

#1 gripe is definitely plug sockets (mentioned by a few already i know) - how can hotels not have realised that people require these next to the bed, its 2018, people have devices that they shouldn't have to plug in 10 metres away from the bed. Massive inconvenience when you're on a 3 day hangover and you need to run across the room to turn the alarm off!
Also not having the ability to use the source on the tv and plug in a chromecast/apple tv is really annoying. Again, get with the times people don't want to be stuck watching freeview...

Lack of plugs annoys me too but it's mainly the fact you never have one next to your bed for your phone.

Locked down inputs on the tvs so I can't plug a laptop in and watch Netflix. I've found that most can be unlocked if you Google it though.
Came in to post that, like to read my phone before bed. Hate having to get up when tired to plug my phone on charge. Also like to press snooze on my first alarm, bit pointless if you have to get up and walk across the room to do it.

Working how to turn off the bastard lights
Places with shit WiFi or WiFi you have to pay for
Any bed with more than 4 pillows
Walking into a room and the tv is on with a welcome message, piss off man
Not having an ironing board. It’s 2018 you plebs
The water glasses that can contain enough water for a small cat
Hotel bars that absolutely take the piss on price. I want a beer not a hooker
This - except the very last point.

I know you can get more from reception but when me and our lass are staying overnight we are planning on having more than 1 cup of coffee and tea each ffs. Just put 4 of each in and be done with it

Theres a lovely new travelodge above the 24 hour sainsburys in Redhill. Floor to ceiling west facing windows the whole length of the hotel and massive shop below. nee air conditioning though. Hottest I have ever been in my life.

I was almost tempted to go to the old travelodge in Redhill which is unfortuanately seemingly ina train yard where they assemble trains all through the night using a collection of sledge hammers and gongs.

There's yet another travelodge in london near aldgate that seems to be next door to a factory that produces and destructively tests large metal roller shutter doors. For some reason this construction and testing needs to be done overnight too.

They must get a massive reduction in land prices for putting them where noone would ever want a hotel

I can relate to all of these. My biggest gripe... no fucker else before me knows how to use an iron (burnt bits everywhere). That and some hotels provide you with an iron that Ican stick my bollocks on at full heat without discomfort.
Tray charge... 4.50 to bring my food (cold) to the room Ive paid to stay in.... should I charge for every visit I make to breakfast?

The inevitable email the next day asking if I enjoyed my stay. I do everything online now so get these every day, no way I can fill them in. Too busy reading this place.

Back