Hospital parking charges for staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you read the article? I sympathise with your view but that particular hospital has 6,000 staff and only 1,800 parking places. Where are visitors going to park if the staff all get free parking for work?

I suppose ideally the local authority should build a large staff car park away from the hospital and run a shuttle service to and fro. A hospital park-and-ride, if you like.

The did a park and ride for SRH from the SoL and Silky Sainsbury, is it still going or has it ended cos of underuse?

Zero reason for them to be using a private car.

Crikey, you're still banging on with your anti-car crusade!! Wait till you have someone, for example a wife who you suddenly need to get to hospital quickly and can't quickly get a taxi. You would find a car invaluable!

Zero reason for them to be using a private car.
Day shift start at anytime from 1000 till 1400 and finish upto 0200 (as long as you are off on time)

I replied to someone saying paramedics have to pay congestion charge when working in central London. I fail to see why they'd be driving a private car in that scenario.
Who's going to get them home in the early hrs? Who car should they use?

Last edited:
Tin hat on but would it work out less expensive to park on or in front of a residential driveway near to the hospital?

My civil law isn't up to scratch but the house owner could get done for vandalism if they damage your car.

As far as I know it's not illegal to block a driveway if a car isn't already parked on it. But it is illegal to block a car on a driveway.

Criminal offence to block access to a highway. IIRC.

However, it's not any kind of offence to block access of a highway. So block an empty drive. IIRC.

Personally I don't see what the problem is. They should be fined. If these were Nando's workers we'd be doing chicken puns by now with zero sympathy.

Bad planning giving out to many passes seems to be the issue to me. Perhaps passes should only be valid for certain shifts.

Last edited:
She'd be on a bus, and the bus would be busy, even at daft o'clock. London transport really is nothing like anywhere else in the UK.
You sure paint a pretty picture of travelling through the night on public transport in London mind. I'll bow to your superior knowledge on the subject mate. ;)

What a plum you are.

I've put across a perfectly valid point which you haven't managed to respond to. Public transport in London would get them home perfectly fine every night, it's incomparable to virtually every city on the planet.

If it's too much to handle then they can just shut up whinging and pay the congestion charge (and parking fees) instead...

You sure paint a pretty picture of travelling through the night on public transport in London mind. I'll bow to your superior knowledge on the subject mate. ;)

It's not exactly like being driven around in a limousine but it's really not that bad! Not much different to the day time. In central London the buses will be very busy at that time, it's not like paramedics are the only people clocking off work at 2am.

I've put across a perfectly valid point which you haven't managed to respond to. Public transport in London would get them home perfectly fine every night, it's incomparable to virtually every city on the planet.

If it's too much to handle then they can just shut up whinging and pay the congestion charge (and parking fees) instead...

It's not exactly like being driven around in a limousine but it's really not that bad! Not much different to the day time. In central London the buses will be very busy at that time, it's not like paramedics are the only people clocking off work at 2am.
Most staff working in central London live outside London well beyond zone 6 as these areas inside the worlds best transport system are well out of their reach. How does someone get to Basingstoke, Ayslesbury, Southend via public transport in the early hours of the morning? It's not achievable to live anywhere within zone 6 on £40k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back