Horrible In-Laws

The mother in-law has been unhappy because the missus (still no) wont wear the shoes she wants her too, feels we haven't invited enough guests from their side of the family (got a 100 coming), was annoyed we didn't invite the sisters boyfriend (who we hadn't met or heard off at the time of booking) to the wedding meal. Has refused to pay for her own hair and make-up on the day. Has kicked off about the bridesmaid dresses because the other daughter doesn't fit into the dress that was bought 3 months ago, and wants new dresses bought for all the bridesmaids.
theres more but I can't remember i t just yet...

i should add that my missus and I have put about 5.5k into everything, reception, meal, evening reception with buffet and th etc.. her parents haven't contributed a single penny to anything.
Kin hell mate who ya marrying into the Carringtons

So she's only been with him 3 months.
Your lass must be a reet black sheep for the whole family to do this. Or maybe they don't like your family/mates
It's just weird, last month they invited us to have Christmas at theirs (which is progress from 'you'll never step foot in this house again' :lol:) . So took us a bit by surprise that they're not even coming to the wedding.

The mother in-law has been unhappy because the missus (still no) wont wear the shoes she wants her too, feels we haven't invited enough guests from their side of the family (got a 100 coming), was annoyed we didn't invite the sisters boyfriend (who we hadn't met or heard off at the time of booking) to the wedding meal. Has refused to pay for her own hair and make-up on the day. Has kicked off about the bridesmaid dresses because the other daughter doesn't fit into the dress that was bought 3 months ago, and wants new dresses bought for all the bridesmaids.
theres more but I can't remember i t just yet...

i should add that my missus and I have put about 5.5k into everything, reception, meal, evening reception with buffet and th etc.. her parents haven't contributed a single penny to anything.
She sounds like an absolute thundertwat and you are both better off without her in your lives. Surely they must have had a pretty shitty relationship prior to this?

How will she feel on her big day not having her family there?

It's just weird, last month they invited us to have Christmas at theirs (which is progress from 'you'll never step foot in this house again' :lol:) . So took us a bit by surprise that they're not even coming to the wedding.
Why were yous told to never step foot in their house again? Did you spider-man the curtains?

What's the reason they've given for choosing the 21st party over your wedding?
So far we've got...
Not invited enough of her family side to the wedding...(her extended family with kids is something like 200 people, my partner could name you 25 that she actually knows)
Not doing what the mother wants for the wedding....ranges from not having sugar almonds as wedding favours, to not wearing high heels, to not paying for the sisters boyfriend at the meal to not paying for the mothers hair and make-up up to not buying new bridesmaid dresses cos the sister can't fit into hers..

I know, we should have known 4 months back that the sister would start dating someone a month later with a birthday on the same day as our wedding. If only it was possible for someone to attend a wedding in the morning and have a party in the night we wouldn't have this conundrum..oh wait there's a good 8 hours left from our wedding time till 8pm!
Christ it's not even a long term boyfriend?!?!

There must be more to this surely

So far we've got...
Not invited enough of her family side to the wedding...(her extended family with kids is something like 200 people, my partner could name you 25 that she actually knows)
Not doing what the mother wants for the wedding....ranges from not having sugar almonds as wedding favours, to not wearing high heels, to not paying for the sisters boyfriend at the meal to not paying for the mothers hair and make-up up to not buying new bridesmaid dresses cos the sister can't fit into hers..

How long until the wedding?

So far we've got...
Why can't she fit into it though? Surely she tried the hower on and then you get it altered within a few weeks of the date.

Back