Horrible In-Laws

The mother in-law has been unhappy because the missus (still no) wont wear the shoes she wants her too, feels we haven't invited enough guests from their side of the family (got a 100 coming), was annoyed we didn't invite the sisters boyfriend (who we hadn't met or heard off at the time of booking) to the wedding meal. Has refused to pay for her own hair and make-up on the day. Has kicked off about the bridesmaid dresses because the other daughter doesn't fit into the dress that was bought 3 months ago, and wants new dresses bought for all the bridesmaids.
theres more but I can't remember i t just yet...

i should add that my missus and I have put about 5.5k into everything, reception, meal, evening reception with buffet and th etc.. her parents haven't contributed a single penny to anything.

Sounds like you're both better off out of it mate. I'd sever all ties with entire family for less than that.

Not @Some Random Guy though cos he's lovely.

My daughter is getting married to some horrible little tosspot soon. Honestly, I’m a little bit ashamed for her but she tells me she really likes him despite the fact she’s seeing other blokes behind his back.

Was dreading going to the wedding but thankfully my other daughter met a fantastic lad 3 months back and his 21st is on the same day. He’s got the function room of the local booked and is laying on a free bar and buffet. Honestly, he’s a top bloke with great prospects and he’s much better looking than the other daughter’s fiancé.

Thank fuck me and the wife don’t need to sit through an absolute shit show of a wedding with that wanker and his wet blanket mates wearing awful, badly fitted suits.

Sounds like some princessy posturing from the mother-in-law who is pissed off at not getting her way (to be fair, paying for the hair and make-up is usually part of the deal). I'd call their bluff, tell them their invites will remain open and you hope to see them there. As it gets closer to the day, they will back down - no chance the father won't see his daughter married

My daughter is getting married to some horrible little tosspot soon. Honestly, I’m a little bit ashamed for her but she tells me she really likes him despite the fact she’s seeing other blokes behind his back.

Was dreading going to the wedding but thankfully my other daughter met a fantastic lad 3 months back and his 21st is on the same day. He’s got the function room of the local booked and is laying on a free bar and buffet. Honestly, he’s a top bloke with great prospects and he’s much better looking than the other daughter’s fiancé.

Thank fuck me and the wife don’t need to sit through an absolute shit show of a wedding with that wanker and his wet blanket mates wearing awful, badly fitted suits.
:lol::lol::lol:

Sounds like some princessy posturing from the mother-in-law who is pissed off at not getting her way (to be fair, paying for the hair and make-up is usually part of the deal). I'd call their bluff, tell them their invites will remain open and you hope to see them there. As it gets closer to the day, they will back down - no chance the father won't see his daughter married

The only sensible post on the thread.

Deserves a ban.

She sounds like an absolute thundertwat and you are both better off without her in your lives. Surely they must have had a pretty shitty relationship prior to this?

How will she feel on her big day not having her family there?
She says she's okay, they've been driving her mad for the last couple months. The mother seems to think it's her wedding and given everything with her sister who lives rent free with the parents and been bought two cars, despite having her own job.
This is just the final straw for her.

Another family gem, two Christmas' ago they bought their other daughter a Samsung s7, the missus got told, ('we didn't get you anything g cause you could afford to go on holiday to disneyland').

My parents didn't see me get married... They are both still alive also

TOP EFFORT

Back