Horrible In-Laws

If the cashier didn’t check it then it could have been keyed without checking the written amount matched the numbers. Sounds like clearing picked it up later. If it was for a small amount it could easily slip through filters.

The amount was five figures. He never said the exact amount, but I believe the "amended" cheque was circa £20,000.

I'm not sure of the exact ins and outs, but what you say about clearing picking it up makes sense.

The more I think about it, the fraud attempt was a little clumsy although it nearly came off.

Last edited by a moderator:

No. If i only had a few hundred quid then i'd still have it, but would argue that its still not affordable. Its all relative.

My point was if I could afford it and a mate needed it then I’d borrow them it. Whether it’s £10 or £100 the point is the same. If a mate came asked for an amount I couldn’t afford them obviously I wouldn’t be able to.

My point was if I could afford it and a mate needed it then I’d borrow them it. Whether it’s £10 or £100 the point is the same. If a mate came asked for an amount I couldn’t afford them obviously I wouldn’t be able to.

That's what you call being a good mate.

If I can afford to help a friend in need wouldn't hesitate. Have lent to friends in past but if didnt get it back wouldn't lend again.

If its just a small amount probably wouldnt even ask for it back anyway.

If I can afford to help a friend in need wouldn't hesitate. Have lent to friends in past but if didnt get it back wouldn't lend again.

Exactly mate, I don’t get the lads point to be honest.

Im actually with yyy on this one. Advice can actually be more beneficial. With us having 2 wembely trips & one of the lads was struggling to afford it, of course id help out & sub the money.

I wouldnt ''ask' for it back regardless of amount. If they dont pay it back as soon as thsy can without needing to be telt &/or then taking the piss by, say hoying a small fortune in a fruit machine or going to bookies whilst theyre meant to be skint then they dont respect you as a mate.

Ive got a mate who has struggled in the past & have helped him out. He's always straight up & tries to avoid borrowing money, pays as soon as he can.

However theres been others who in the past i thought i could trust & then been stung. You do need to tread cautiously when subbing mates because trust & respect works both ways.

Im actually with yyy on this one. Advice can actually be more beneficial. With us having 2 wembely trips & one of the lads was struggling to afford it, of course id help out & sub the money.

I wouldnt ''ask' for it back regardless of amount. If they dont pay it back as soon as thsy can without needing to be telt &/or then taking the piss by, say hoying a small fortune in a fruit machine or going to bookies whilst theyre meant to be skint then they dont respect you as a mate.

Ive got a mate who has struggled in the past & have helped him out. He's always straight up & tries to avoid borrowing money, pays as soon as he can.

However theres been others who in the past i thought i could trust & then been stung. You do need to tread cautiously when subbing mates because trust & respect works both ways.

Luckily my pals always pay back so never had that issue.

If I can help I will but I also won't be a mug. Never been taken for one yet so no problems.

You would lend them it they would borrow it off you
Hope this helps

Also when you help a friend in need they will remember you when they are in need again

You would lend them it they would borrow it off you
Hope this helps

Also when you help a friend in need they will remember you when they are in need again

And? What’s the problem? If they’ve not took the piss and need help again then I’d help them again.

Depends on your mates but I know I could trust my closest mates. They’d only ask if they were desperate anyway so I wouldn’t hesitate to help.

Back