Hope this shuts yous up

Did their keeper actually have a shot to save second half even though we were well on top until the last 15 mins.
Their keeper picked the ball out of the net twice our keeper once , my reckoning says we win 2-1 how many times have we dominated and lost . Rough with the smooth!
Depends on if you've got it set to 24hr mode or not. If you have then it's right once a day same as jack f***ing dross
Thought this was a football forum seems like I have stumbled in to a watch and clock maintenance BTEC course

Last edited:

This forum didn’t have a majority of Ross in. It had a majority of “don’t know, give him more time”. Very few voted for the Ross in option, which was the third option. Maybe you should learn some statistical interpretation

Keep telling yourself that

I think the 3 options were sack him now, give more time and don't know.........A majority wanted to give him more time.

Did their keeper actually have a shot to save second half even though we were well on top until the last 15 mins.

Did ours other than Leadbitter nearly putting through his own goal?
Their keeper picked the ball out of the net twice our keeper once , my reckoning says we win 2-1 how many times have we dominated and lost . Rough with the smooth!

Thought this was a football forum seems like I have stumbled in to a watch and clock maintenance BTEC course

This, we dominated against Oxford and didnt manage to get the win so Ross got slated as apparently possession, crosses, chances etc dont matter if you dont win......Today the same people are saying we won but we didnt create loads of chances......They will do anything to try and undermine the manager and not give him any credit, its pathetic.

Last edited:
I think the 3 options were sack him now, give more time and don't know.........A majority wanted to give him more time.

Give him more time included those in several Ross out camps, including “too early to sack him given the money he’s spent but he isn’t good enough” and “don’t want to look like idiots sacking a manager after 2 games”, as admitted via the comments in that very thread. Like I said the question was poorly worded, and didn’t get an accurate reflection on the true feeling of Ross in or out. I’d love a proper poll to get the real feeling between him being the right man to get us promoted to the championship and beyond or not, which is the crux of the argument

At this stage I think performances are just as important. We need to see progress as otherwise it’ll just be more of the same of last seasons stuttering shambles. Not to mention we’ve had more than our fair share of good fortune in those games, both Ipswich and Pompey handed us a free goal basically

Are you saying today wasn't an improvement on the Ipswich game?

Give him more time included those in several Ross out camps, including “too early to sack him given the money he’s spent but he isn’t good enough” and “don’t want to look like idiots sacking a manager after 2 games”, as admitted via the comments in that very thread. Like I said the question was poorly worded, and didn’t get an accurate reflection on the true feeling of Ross in or out. I’d love a proper poll to get the real feeling between him being the right man to get us promoted to the championship and beyond or not, which is the crux of the argument

You know what, why not just give up f***ing whining....Unbeaten start to the season, good away point at Ipswich, great result today, great result away in the cup, only disappointing result was the opening day.......Pompey lost 2 out of 3 in the league now and half this board was saying they would batter us before the game.

The start to the season hasn’t been good enough , great result today but we are not performing at the levels we need for automatic promotion. The fans who go to the match have been very supportive of ross but are right to question our lack of assertiveness on this league. Time on our hands left back and centre half a must

Did ours other than Leadbitter nearly putting through his own goal?

This, we dominated against Oxford and didnt manage to get the win so Ross got slated as apparently possession, crosses, chances etc dont matter if you dont win......Today the same people are saying we won but we didnt create loads of chances......They will do anything to try and undermine the manager and not give him any credit, its pathetic.
Who's undermining the manager? If Leadbitters header had gone in its 2-2 doesn't matter who scored it. We need to kill teams off when on top. It cost us last season, if it happens again this season that would be unforgivable. We didn't create loads of chances against Oxford we didn't create any neither did we dominate them. They could have been out of site after 20 minutes and actually scored a legitimate goal to make it 2-0 only for the referee to disallow it!

You know what, why not just give up f***ing whining....Unbeaten start to the season, good away point at Ipswich, great result today, great result away in the cup, only disappointing result was the opening day.......Pompey lost 2 out of 3 in the league now and half this board was saying they would batter us before the game.

The performances are nowhere near good enough. Over a full season playing as we did for even today’s game, which was the best out of the three, won’t get us very far up the table. We still haven’t made a goalkeeper make a save in the league yet. Of our 4 goals, 3 were handed to us by the other team and the fourth was a set play. If you are happy with mediocrity then go ahead and happy clap you way to 8th place. I’ll go and pressure the club with others to try and achieve something better

I was actually thinking about this point earlier, I've been pretty vocal about not liking/wanting JR and I love a whinge so twitter is perfect for me.

However today I was on a flight so missed the first half and when I landed I got a flood of messages saying we where shite, gonna get hammered after the first 20 mins etc but I just saw us winning 2-1. I think it's very easy to just kneejerk when things are going badly just because the option to do so is there.

Decided to delete my twitter and try and take 5 minutes before spouting verbal shite.. let's see how long it lasts, still not convinced by JR but now not going to preach about it.

Despite the fact he talks a pile of bollocks about his skills as a tactician he does seem to have the team on side

If he's reeled in his ego and setting up the team for the players we actually have he's as good as anyone else we could get in

The challenge now is to keep up these team performances and we should do well this season

im starting to bookmark lots of top posters who never post when we win, i find it kinda of sad that we have so many trolls and newcastle posters in disguise.
Despite the fact he talks a pile of bollocks about his skills as a tactician he does seem to have the team on side

If he's reeled in his ego and setting up the team for the players we actually have he's as good as anyone else we could get in

The challenge now is to keep up these team performances and we should do well this season

i think he is one of the better managers we have had, and without him we would have lost mcgeady and that would have fucked us up bigtime. Aiden McGeady reveals how he almost left Sunderland - but why he ultimately changed his mind

People crying for Ross to be sacked. I'll admit I don't think weve played well. But sack him and take another complete gamble.

I'll support the man our new owners have backed.

Haway Ross and haway the lads.

And yes I am smashed !

One win. It's one win.

We are going to have to do that I would say 90% or more of our seasons games to go up. That is just win #1.

Do you think Jack Ross is in the huff witness the supporters?

Last season at the end of every game he’s on the pitch clapping the crowd.

Two home games down and he wasn’t on the grass at either.

Back