Hope Nixon is telling porkies

Nowt wrong with dodds imo. He's not a natural leader but he clearly knows what he is doing and i reckon theres a quality head coach in him but probablys needs that mowbray esque figure alongside him to lead the group. Im all for him staying and think its a good thing
100% he should stay for me. But not as head coach.

Didn’t think Stuart English was involved in coaching the first team. Thought he set out how the coaching is structured through all age groups?

I was more pointing out that people complain about mates being given jobs but want a head coach to bring his own team in who would be his mates
Yeah you make a fair point

Do think it’s important for a head coach to be able to work with some people he has a previous relationship/short hand and who he trusts though. Suppose like everything just some sort of balance

Article in the Echo saying any new manager/coach will only be allowed to bring in one staff member and work within the current set up with Dodds and Proctor keeping their roles. Also repeats that Heckingbottom is still favourite.

Surely a wind up?
How could it be a windup

It’s Been the remit with every manger we’ve had
We haven't been worse than those final games under Beale, where we struggled to create anything against some very poor opposition.
It’s as bad if not worse mind. The football is deplorable.

The problem is that when a manager gets sacked its because he and his backroom staff have failed. So hiring a team of failures will probably lead to faiure. IMO

We got beat 5-1 a week ago, I’d say that’s worse than Beales last couple of games.

And I thought Beale was f***ing shite.
Blackburn was about as poor as it could get, but I'd say we played better against Bristol City and Cardiff and stopped the rot that set in under Beale. I am not trying to argue that we have turned a corner, just that we are not playing worse than we did under Beale. The football has been a bit better and so have the results.
We've scored 1 goal in our last 3 home games winning none of them.
A massive 2pts from QPR, Blackburn and Bristol.

1 win, 3 draws and a very poor performance in our last 4. It's not worse than it was at the end under Beale.

Back