Hope Nixon is telling porkies

If still says he will come but only of he can bring his team, then I suspect they will do it. Think on all truth it's likely to be a case of what they think they can get away with rather than a hard and fast rule. Dodds is here to stay though, Proctor maybe not.

He’s U21s mate

I was showing the first team coaches

Murty is involved with the first team now though.

No manager worth his salt would want to work at a club where he’s dictated to which staff he’s allowed to bring in and who he has to work with. I suspect that is why we ended up with Beale in the first place because he was so desperate for a job he’d agree to anything.

Speakman probably met with Still but was told to shove it when Will found out he’d have to work with Dodds and Proctor.

We haven't allowed managers to bring in an entire team since Poyet, and we've attracted a load of managers with good reputations in that time. Personally think it's daft and unnecessary to allow managers to immediately bring in an entire coaching team in most cases.

The managerial market is volatile anyway, no-one hangs around for long, and we can't be having a full team of staff f***ing off whenever a manager leaves or is sacked.

Well, we'll see in the summer, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is true. The problem then becomes that most of your better head coaches want their team with them and if we're not prepared to do that, then they'll look elsewhere.

At present, it's Speakmans way or nothing. He doesn't strike me as the type to be flexible. He thinks he's right and the next head coach in will have to be comfortable with that.

I just hope we don't waste most the summer getting rejected to find we could have had someone who's current lying unemployed now.

Well, we'll see in the summer, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is true. The problem then becomes that most of your better head coaches want their team with them and if we're not prepared to do that, then they'll look elsewhere.

At present, it's Speakmans way or nothing. He doesn't strike me as the type to be flexible. He thinks he's right and the next head coach in will have to be comfortable with that.

I just hope we don't waste most the summer getting rejected to find we could have had someone who's current lying unemployed now.
It could also be want KLD wants, I don't think Speakman is running the entire show with no input from above.

Our first team coaching staff is

Dodds (interim head coach/first team coach - ex Birmingham academy)

English (Head of coaching - ex Birmingham assistant Birmingham academy)

Proctor (youth team until recently)

Hayes (youth team until last year at Charlton)

And a first team GK coach.

Not a huge amount of first team experience amongst the coaching staff either to be fair. And 2 out of 5 ex Birmingham academy.

Didn’t think Stuart English was involved in coaching the first team. Thought he set out how the coaching is structured through all age groups?

I was more pointing out that people complain about mates being given jobs but want a head coach to bring his own team in who would be his mates

Last edited:

Back