Homemade Pizza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortilla wraps as a base and just stick toppings under the grill. Quick, easy snack.

When I do dough from scratch I just use rolling pin to get it round, start with ball and rotate as you roll.

tbh if your using tortilla wraps its nicer just to make a Quesidilla with same ingredients... mm lovely

I do it all by hand.... the dough is easy to make... leave it in the bowl under the stairs by the boiler to prove and then ready to go. I find the hardest part actually stretching the dough into a circle.. get right oddball shapes but they come out absolutely delicious..

just have your over whacked up really high before they go ion.. cooked in 7-8 minutes. no need for gadgets

if anything maybe just get a pizza stone you can use in the oven.... put it in to get hot before putting the pizza on it
What exactly do your au pairs do?

Will try proving it in the microwave to speed it up. Has worked in the past..

if you have a decent place like a warm airing cupboard or in my case under the stairs where the boiler is with a tea towel over I find an hour or so proving can suffice.... depends how much you want your base to puff up

if you have a decent place like a warm airing cupboard or in my case under the stairs where the boiler is with a tea towel over I find an hour or so proving can suffice.... depends how much you want your base to puff up

Unfortunately our flat is colder than the arctic thanks to only having storage heaters installed. :lol: I reckon 30 mins or so in the microwave with a glass of water will work fine.

It's strong flour but you can buy it in most big supermarkets. If not the best bread flour you can find is the best substitute and don't be shy with the salt in the base.

It's not the same as strong flour but strong will give good enough results , 00 is often referred to as pasta flour

Aye, you can get Allisons 00 flour in Asda. Not hard to get at all.

Pizza stones? I've cracked 2 now in my oven (am I doing something wrong?) I don't bother now, I just go with the frying pan technique. It was better than the pizza stone anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back