Homemade Pizza

LondonMackem

Striker
Looking to get in to making them at home from scratch and I've seen many posters on here that regularly do, so looking for advice on the best appliances on the market to make it happen.

I've seen these advertised and want to know if anyone has had any experience with them, and if it's worth the money.
http://www.pizzacraft.com/products/stovetop-pizza-oven

Are there any cheaper options out there that work the same/better?

Thanks lads

I dont make them from scratch, I buy the bases complete, freeze them and use as I need

I dont make them from scratch, I buy the bases complete, freeze them and use as I need

If you like them proper thin crust then I don't think there's any other option but to make your own. I can never be arsed/don't have the time personally. If I want a proper thin crust pizza I'll get one down the town.

Lidl's own Margaritas are a great starting point. 3 for £2.50 so cheaper than bases from some places. Oven does the job for me tbh as long as you make sure its seriously hot before sticking the pizza in.

I do it all by hand.... the dough is easy to make... leave it in the bowl under the stairs by the boiler to prove and then ready to go. I find the hardest part actually stretching the dough into a circle.. get right oddball shapes but they come out absolutely delicious..

just have your over whacked up really high before they go ion.. cooked in 7-8 minutes. no need for gadgets

if anything maybe just get a pizza stone you can use in the oven.... put it in to get hot before putting the pizza on it

Fine flour, sachet of yeast, splash of milk, dash of water. For under 50p you get at least 6 decent sized bases.
Just add passata or leftover pasta sauce for your tomato base and grated mozarella for your cheese.

Cheap as chips but a bit of a carry on. Keeps the kids occupied for a couple of half hour sessions though.

We were given a stone that we've never used. They turn out ok with a bog standard pizza tray.

I do it all by hand.... the dough is easy to make... leave it in the bowl under the stairs by the boiler to prove and then ready to go. I find the hardest part actually stretching the dough into a circle.. get right oddball shapes but they come out absolutely delicious..

just have your over whacked up really high before they go ion.. cooked in 7-8 minutes. no need for gadgets

if anything maybe just get a pizza stone you can use in the oven.... put it in to get hot before putting the pizza on it

We cover the bowl in clingfilm and leave it sat in a couple inches of hot water.

This is what I meant tbf. What appliances do you use to make them and where do you buy your ingredients?
I just use my home oven, Passata base with a touch of garlic and tad of Balsamic, then cheese, I like mature cheddar then toppings, we sometimes buy half a cooked chicken strip it off and use that as a topping, its very nice

Looking to get in to making them at home from scratch and I've seen many posters on here that regularly do, so looking for advice on the best appliances on the market to make it happen.

I've seen these advertised and want to know if anyone has had any experience with them, and if it's worth the money.
http://www.pizzacraft.com/products/stovetop-pizza-oven

Are there any cheaper options out there that work the same/better?

Thanks lads
Surprised it wasnt 'hermmade' pizzas.
Lol, lol..oh how I laughed

This is what I meant tbf. What appliances do you use to make them and where do you buy your ingredients?

Last time I did them I just picked the stuff up in Aldi. Turned out canny.

As for appliances, as long as you've got an oven and enough bench space to hammer the dough around, that's all you need.

Back