Homemade Pizza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to get in to making them at home from scratch and I've seen many posters on here that regularly do, so looking for advice on the best appliances on the market to make it happen.

I've seen these advertised and want to know if anyone has had any experience with them, and if it's worth the money.
http://www.pizzacraft.com/products/stovetop-pizza-oven

Are there any cheaper options out there that work the same/better?

Thanks lads

I use this recipe for the base. Then really finely diced onion and garlic with some passata and herbs reduced right down for the sauce. The bags of pre-grated mozzarella are ok for the cheese with a bit of buffalo to supplement it.

Definitely get a pizza stone and turn your oven up as high as it'll go.

This is what I meant tbf. What appliances do you use to make them and where do you buy your ingredients?

can you use a good passata with some flavours.... I like fresh chopped garlic

alternatively tesco do a real nice jar of garlic pizza sauce for about 80p that will do 4 pizzas

I also like to use the pizza mix grated cheese and also add those mini mozzarella balls. fresh basil is also delicious.

don't be tempted to add too many toppings and too much cheese ...... they become too heavy... fresh and simple

It's obviously not the same, but for quick and easy evening snack, use the supermarket naan breads as the base

for a thin healthy one you can use a couple of wraps too.

I use me breadmaker to make the base dough. Just chuck all the ingredients in and 45mins later it's ready to roll and put in the oven with all me toppings

High protein flour and olive oil are essential
Exactly what I do. I can recommend Wrights' cheddar cheese and onion or parmesan and sundried tomato bread mixes as a base. Fabulous.

Its piece of piss really. Make a dough let it prove once make bases add toppings and cook on a pizza stone in the oven as hot as it will go.

I bought 2 30 x 30cm red quarry tiles in B and Q for a fiver each which make perfect stones to cook pizza on (and probably naan breads)

The next thing I fancy trying is making sourdough bases but that does seem a bit of a fk on.

Looking to get in to making them at home from scratch and I've seen many posters on here that regularly do, so looking for advice on the best appliances on the market to make it happen.

I've seen these advertised and want to know if anyone has had any experience with them, and if it's worth the money.
http://www.pizzacraft.com/products/stovetop-pizza-oven

Are there any cheaper options out there that work the same/better?

Thanks lads

I just use my oven and they are lovely, you could buy a pizza stone and just do them in your oven

I do it all by hand.... the dough is easy to make... leave it in the bowl under the stairs by the boiler to prove and then ready to go. I find the hardest part actually stretching the dough into a circle.. get right oddball shapes but they come out absolutely delicious..

Totally agree.

My last one was that odd I ended up making it into a square and the bairn says "that isn't pizza it isn't a circle" :lol:

Get the dough circle-ish and trim the excess off. Form a lip all the way round to blag it into a more rounded circle.

I'm starving now mind.

I do it all by hand.... the dough is easy to make... leave it in the bowl under the stairs by the boiler to prove and then ready to go. I find the hardest part actually stretching the dough into a circle.. get right oddball shapes but they come out absolutely delicious..

just have your over whacked up really high before they go ion.. cooked in 7-8 minutes. no need for gadgets

if anything maybe just get a pizza stone you can use in the oven.... put it in to get hot before putting the pizza on it
This. I do exactly the same. I've got 2 pizza stones and can recommend them.

My favourite, tomato sauce, red onion, prawns, tuna, anchovies and capers

Me and the grandson made it a mission to make one from scratch at the caravan once and I was well pleased with the result. Made the base and topped it with home made sauce, chicken, prawns, pepperoni and mozzarella. Well chuffed and good fun.

Tortilla wraps as a base and just stick toppings under the grill. Quick, easy snack.

When I do dough from scratch I just use rolling pin to get it round, start with ball and rotate as you roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back