Homeless people

Status
Not open for further replies.

I gave the lad outside B+M a couple of quid the other month, couldn't give a fuck what he did with it, posts like the one above get on my tits, walk a mile in their shoes before making a judgement.
You are wrong, we know the piss takers around here. I give money to those that actually need, not the piss takers.

Even if they are taking the piss, what's it cost you? £20? Let them do what they want with it. Some of the fuckers dont even comb their hair or kiss me ring, if I talk to them. The f***ing nerve.

I bought him pop, food and some thick socks a couple month back, it was freezing. Went over and left them by him. Was annoyed when he was smoking a tab like.
I'd always ask them do they want anything first like.

I gave the lad outside B+M a couple of quid the other month, couldn't give a fuck what he did with it, posts like the one above get on my tits, walk a mile in their shoes before making a judgement.
I don’t give them cash but il pay for a private education if one of them ever asks :lol:
imagine what they are thinking though.
clamming for a fag and shot of vodka and some pompous fella gives them a greggs pastie and lattè.

Why has homelessness gone up so much over the last decade?

It is actually true for more people, probably than ever, that you're only one missed payment away from being homeless.
Let's not forget the amount of "hidden homeless" who are staying with friends etc. Technically they're homeless in that they don't have their own place, but aren't in the unfortunate position of being on the streets.

I've noticed McDonalds have put a use by on their coffee sticker cards. I used to put a sticker on a card until I got 6 then I'd give it to a homeless person so they could get a drink.
Can't even do that now. Thank's a bunch Ronald, ya clown shoed titpiece.

Ridiculous amount of homeless around in London, reminds me of the streets of Manila at times, shameful and sad that it's happening in a country such as ours.
Particularly with so many people in their warm luxury houses with all those spare rooms, food wasted from their tables, as they count their millions on spreadsheets.

Why has homelessness gone up so much over the last decade?
The increase in drug use will have an effect. Also the way in which the housing authorities run their system of getting a council house. Loads of the numbers you read are people saying they are homeless just to get to the front of the queue. Especially in places where the council have sold stock to private companies. Mind one homeless person is more than enough nowadays. The local authorities should be on top of this by now.

Very few people my generation from sunderland waste even a crumb at the table, it took me a long time to stop licking my plate 🙄
Very few people from my generation (possibly same generation as you) from Chester-le-Street have millions though.

I agree, I was brought up not to waste food too. But as a society that is growing richer, while at the same time there are also more homeless people who are hungry, the amount of food we waste overall is sickening and not sustainable.

I hope the Govt look properly into the reasons homelessness has been going up so much in the last few years. Without properly understanding that it's going to make it harder to tackle it

I hope the Govt look properly into the reasons homelessness has been going up so much in the last few years. Without properly understanding that it's going to make it harder to tackle it
Like I said earlier which you ignored, it’s not too hard to work out.

The increase in drug use will have an effect. Also the way in which the housing authorities run their system of getting a council house. Loads of the numbers you read are people saying they are homeless just to get to the front of the queue. Especially in places where the council have sold stock to private companies. Mind one homeless person is more than enough nowadays. The local authorities should be on top of this by now.

Not as easy as you think mind. I think even with the ability to shelter some people, there are some who prefer their life.
I remember there was a bloke in Manchester who found someone's wallet and handed it in. The public wanted to thank him, get him off the streets etc and the authorities (I think) found him a place to live etc.
He refused because they had a strict drug policy I think. If I can find the story I'll put it up, but to me that was like looking a gift horse in the mouth - but I also see it as being his choice. Albeit a mental one in my opinion.

To be fair to the people on the street, most are probably in the grip of severe drug or alcohol dependencies, they can only get through so many sarnies and cups of tea. They won’t think or prioritise like a “normal” person.

Great thing about dating a homeless person is that you can drop them of anywhere. But they don't get "knock, knock" jokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back