Homeless people

Should just put them all in prison where they can get the help they need. They used to put people in debtors jails not too long ago, it would create a lot of jobs and clean up the streets of filthy smack needles and piss Stained mattresses etc.
You might want to check your door knocker this evening.... on both sides.

Should just put them all in prison where they can get the help they need. They used to put people in debtors jails not too long ago, it would create a lot of jobs and clean up the streets of filthy smack needles and piss Stained mattresses etc.

Maybe not prison per se, but somewhere they could get help... and not necessarily leave until they've got it?
Or at least, give their lives some purpose and meaning. They could be skilled but haven't the space or ability to do the tasks they could master.

In Manchester they're looking at building a kind of village to help people get off the streets. Makes sense to me, although I'm sure someone will say "It's their right to live on the streets" etc, which is fine except they can become the victims or further crimes and issues but hey, people are only trying to help.

Quite a few of them pretend, especially in Sunderland, beg all day for change for drink money then go back to the hostels.
Maybe not prison per se, but somewhere they could get help... and not necessarily leave until they've got it?
Or at least, give their lives some purpose and meaning. They could be skilled but haven't the space or ability to do the tasks they could master.

In Manchester they're looking at building a kind of village to help people get off the streets. Makes sense to me, although I'm sure someone will say "It's their right to live on the streets" etc, which is fine except they can become the victims or further crimes and issues but hey, people are only trying to help.
I agree but I do think it will be a waste of time and effort. Let’s be honest, your life must be pretty shit to become homeless. I know people say one missed payment and you are homeless but both tenants and home owners are well protected. Heard numerous cases over the years of people not paying rent and mortgages for over a year before the courts will even look at eviction. You give a homeless person a tenner they dont rush to buy a greggs coffee do they. But gladly we don’t have that problem in Sunderland.

In Manchester it’s a massive issue

I used to live in the city centre and can confirm this. I'd actually say it got worse over the time I lived there. Not sure how bad it is now as I've not spent enough time in the city, but I suspect it's still a .... big issue. (sorry)

Yeah exactly, a ‘debtors village’, preferably with a locked gate

Back